Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
After 5 months and about $3k of my own for farkles & upgrades, she's 'bout ready for the long road. Just need to install the extended windscreen and the SW Motech crash bars that arrived yesterday. All the red bling was installed by her first owner. These accents get her a lot of complements wherever we go.

IMG_6012.JPG

We're in Daytona Beach if anyone cares to hook up for a ride.

Reactions: AT-Dragon

·
Registered
315 Posts
Something I noticed in the pictures was quite a few riders have the seat set in the lowest position. Glad to know I am not the only one.
You might enjoy considering the problem I'm facing: at 78" tall with a 36" inseam I'm looking to add height to my seat which is already in the high notch. So I recently bought a Rally Comfort kit from Seat Concepts which will raise my seat riding height by about 1". I'll post pictures when I get it installed.

That said, this bike already requires a gymnastic-like mount when she's all bagged up for travel. And after a long stint (full tank, ~ 200 miles and 3 hrs) I'm stiff enough to almost fall off the thing if I'm not careful. I've never had a situation like this with all the other bikes I've ever owned. She really is a tall beast. I won't even try to get on when she's up on the center stand.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You might enjoy considering the problem I'm facing: at 78" tall with a 36" inseam I'm looking to add height to my seat which is already in the high notch. So I recently bought a Rally Comfort kit from Seat Concepts which will raise my seat riding height by about 1". I'll post pictures when I get it installed.

That said, this bike already requires a gymnastic-like mount when she's all bagged up for travel. And after a long stint (full tank, ~ 200 miles and 3 hrs) I'm stiff enough to almost fall off the thing if I'm not careful. I've never had a situation like this with all the other bikes I've ever owned. She really is a tall beast. I won't even try to get on when she's up on the center stand.
.....a video of you changing out the seat cover would be a nice added touch......just saying

WeeWilly, FYI:...the guy I bought my AT from was 6'-8"

·
Super Moderator
3,480 Posts

I have the same challenge on lower mount street bikes. So far, the AT being tall has much improved that experience.

Our bodies are temples, yet so fragile.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice airbrushing!

Awfully good-looking...country too. (y)

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
2 years in - Changed it's calling to the RoadMule!
Picture from Labour Weekend at Lake Christie ON. Unpacking the RoadMule to set up camp.
So was all that stuff on the picnic table on the AT's pillion? Were you riding in atop a polyester pyramid to camp?

An awestruck world awaits your answer!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts