Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey Guys,

Thank you again for all the feedback. I tried a few different gauges per phydouh’s recommendation and found discrepancies between them which may have contributed to my problems.

WeeWilly - there hasn’t been a pattern with the damage. And I have tried just about every thickness of tube from thick to ultra-thick As Superfunk suggests. I will try the higher psi and use the same gauge every time and just monitor the heck out of it.

If that doesn’t work and I get another I may seriously consider going tubeless.

Bookem

·
Super Moderator
1,519 Posts
I have had luck with the Pirelli tubes, but they may not hold up any better with whatever else you have going on.

Hope the increased pressure ends up being the ticket.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe I missed it but you say you check the pressure often but what pressure are you running? The AT is a heavy bike and running to low a pressure could cause the issue

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also converted my wheels to Outex. No tubes, no air loss and if I get a puncture I can fix it in ten minutes including airing up the tire.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just wondering,
I don't think I read of it in any of the responses but, would it be possible for the OP to simply remove the valve stem, and, using whatever kind of syringe that would or could work, INJECT some SLIME into the valve core? I have no idea if this is possible and or, how much to inject. But, if you could get say, whatever recommended amount for that size tire into that tube, I would think he's done with flats. Just a guess here.
Scott

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Just wondering,
I don't think I read of it in any of the responses but, would it be possible for the OP to simply remove the valve stem, and, using whatever kind of syringe that would or could work, INJECT some SLIME into the valve core? I have no idea if this is possible and or, how much to inject. But, if you could get say, whatever recommended amount for that size tire into that tube, I would think he's done with flats. Just a guess here.
Scott
Also, be aware that there is actually a Slime for tubed tires too. Not sure how well it actually works, but when choosing, choose carefully (for "tubed" tires, like in dirt bike tires).

21 - 28 of 28 Posts