Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m terrible about canceling my turn signals. It might be because when I started riding bikes they didn’t have turn signals (or electric start,or electronic ignition, or disk brakes.) For that reason I’ve bought several self-cancelling units over the years. I just heard about the STS (Smart Turn System) unit in January and I ordered one. Instead of relying on time or distance, the unit measures speed, lean, and several other inputs to determine when to turn off your blinker.

I bought one of their units and tried to fit it to my bike. It had been a challenge. I think the problem is that my bike has LED turn signals. I didn’t know it had LED signals and Led signals are not mentioned anywhere in their instructions,

Don’t you think that a Hi-tech company would anticipate LED lights? Especially if the president of the company rides an Africa Twin, the bike I was trying to install this unit on.

Anyway, I’ll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I bought one of their units and tried to fit it to my bike. It had been a challenge. I think the problem is that my bike has LED turn signals. I didn’t know it had LED signals and Led signals are not mentioned anywhere in their instructions,
What is the problem with the installation?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use a cheaper version to cancel my turn indicators (Tom Thumb), cheaper than the electronic version and is permanently attached to my left hand.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I have the similar problem in that I have bought the Smart Turn System device for my 2017 Africa Twin DCT with LED indicator lights. Safer Turn confirmed that the system is correct and compatible for my bike. However I cannot find the end of the light and indicator switch that I have to connect it to. It looks like the cables go under the tank. Is there an easier way to access the cables?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts