Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello'

I've run into 3 Africa Twin's on my travels, but we going in opposite directions,
I was just wondering how many Africa's were in So Cal and if any of us were interested in a meetup for a photo-op

Thanks for looking
Min

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello'

I've run into 3 Africa Twin's on my travels, but we going in opposite directions,
I was just wondering how many Africa's were in So Cal and if any of us were interested in a meetup for a photo-op

Thanks for looking
Min
16 Rally Red DCT.
Once rode by a guy on an identical looking bike going opposite direction on North Main Divide Truck Trail.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Try highballing Saline Valley Road from highway 190 to highway 168. Great fun on the AT. And there is always the hot springs...

·
Registered
504 Posts
? hwy 190 to the ponderosa is one of the best rides in socal. I also like hwy 168 and also trimmer springs road to toll house. Riding the roads of the high sierras are some of the best

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, just joined up here and picked up my AT over this past weekend. Add me to any ride list for notifications. I'm always look for people to ride with and adventures to go on. Once I get more luggage and protection, I will be ready for long rides as well.

Drew

·
Registered
13 Posts
2017 Tri-color in San Diego. On my last bike I would take people on day trips to Baja and plan on doing the same with the Africa Twin. Also, lots of good riding right here in San Diego. I'd be happy to meet up with other AT's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hells Kitchen is permanently closed as reported by Google. I also passed by it last Thursday and it was in fact closed. Bummer!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in Torrance, CA and rode to Palm Springs last week 5/11 to 5/13. Before heading home, I was gassing up in Palm Springs and saw a fellow AT rider in the same Rally Red color at the intersection. Next thing you know he pulled into the gas station to have a chat. Other than that, I have not seen any ATs in my travels.

p.s. Rode from Torrance to San Juan Capistrano; Then took the Ortega Hwy (73) [Hells Kitchen was closed] through the Cleveland National Forrest into Lake Elsinore, crossed over through Menifee and through Hemet up to Idyllwild and through the back side of San Jacinto Mountain Range, eventually dropping into Palm Desert. Good times!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pomona area. Usually ride Silverwood, Arrowhead, Big Bear and desert. Crashed last weekend, broke it pretty bad, parts ordered.

Hello'

Thanks for looking
Min

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi'

Hope your ok....

Min

Pomona area. Usually ride Silverwood, Arrowhead, Big Bear and desert. Crashed last weekend, broke it pretty bad, parts ordered.

Hello'

Thanks for looking
Min

·
Registered
13 Posts
Falling while riding off road is just part of the game, right? Had I been wearing my knee armor I wouldn't have goobered my knee, lesson learned. The told me when I bought an adventure bike that you can multiply the crash repair costs by 10. If I threw my CR500 on the ground, and I decided to replace the fender, number plate and hand guard, it would have cost about $60. Hey, they were right, 10X.

Hi'

Hope your ok....

Min

1 - 20 of 21 Posts