Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking for riding partners from so cal area. I'm an older experienced AT owner. Finished a solo 9200 mile ride to Alaska in June 18. have made several trips to Utah and am in the planning stages of a Continental Divide Trail ride in July 19. like to do 3-4 day trips- like camping.

I'm also experienced in motorcycle maintance and custom accessory fabrication. Looking for others to "hang" with. I'm retired so have plenty of time.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am planning a ride April 9-13 2019. Will be going from So Cal to northern AZ and thru the eastern portions of UT. Will be camping. Touring some of the parks. just having a great time.

If anyone is interested in going along, let me know.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Tom, I live in Reseda and I completed a ride to Canada last year....
I use my AT to commute to work, and I do some weekend ride with some friends.
Keep in touch.

Hernan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tom, I live in Reseda and I completed a ride to Canada last year....
I use my AT to commute to work, and I do some weekend ride with some friends.
Keep in touch.

Hernan.

sounds good. let me know if you want to get together for a shorter day ride - if it ever stops raining.

I commuted by motorcycle every day for 37 years- i HATE the traffic.

Ride safe Thanks Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Tom my name is Wes and I am in Phoenix. I would love to meet up for rides either in and around So Cal or if you make it out to AZ or further east.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am however, unfortunately, not retired. So I will probably not be making many 9,200 mile trips to Alaska... As much as I would like to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tom my name is Wes and I am in Phoenix. I would love to meet up for rides either in and around So Cal or if you make it out to AZ or further east.

Hi Wes, Don't get to the Phoenix area often but would like to ride that area- let me know if you would like to put something together. Will be in Prescott on Feb 2, for some "family" stuff- not much time to "ride" on that trip - I also have property at Lake Powell/Page area and get there a couple times a year.

Would be great to show you around my area if you get a chance.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi Tom , I bought my A T because I like doing backcountry discovery routes. I’m also from the SoCal area. A lot of those routes are technical Jeep trails. If you’re interested in some challenging off road rides let me know ✌????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in Long beach myself. You feel like changing my tires for me? :)

I find it much easier just to have them done. The Mitas E-07 that i put on have really stiff sidewalls. At one time i had a No-Mar changer- still way too much work......

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Tom , I bought my A T because I like doing backcountry discovery routes. I’m also from the SoCal area. A lot of those routes are technical Jeep trails. If you’re interested in some challenging off road rides let me know ✌????

Have been all over the Big Bear area, some technical stuff there- at 68 I'm looking at a little less difficult stuff- The AT is a heavy ride let me know on some of your rides- may tag along

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

How much of this trail have you done? do you have a favorite section? looking at it on line, looks like fun

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
april ride

Headed out to Monument valley UT April 11,12,13,14. Camping- Site seeing, anyone interested in tagging along?

let me know.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Tom, I am just down the 241 in Rancho Santa Margarita. I am interested in some day rides as work is what I am stuck doing. Working on getting used to this bike and have done a rally or two. The rain and fires have cramped my desire to hop over saddleback and back for weekend lunch trips. Came off a 450x to enjoy longer rides and loving it so far. PM if interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Tom, I am just down the 241 in Rancho Santa Margarita. I am interested in some day rides as work is what I am stuck doing. Working on getting used to this bike and have done a rally or two. The rain and fires have cramped my desire to hop over saddleback and back for weekend lunch trips. Came off a 450x to enjoy longer rides and loving it so far. PM if interested.

just last week did Ortega Hwy to south divide rd- up the mountains for a great view of the Elsinore "super bloom"

down into Elsinore for some tacos then tried to get to the 15- What a nightmare.

let me know when you have time to go somewhere.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm in Socal (LA/OC borderline).

I'm not retired and I'm an ADV noob.

Once I finish my installation project, I plan on doing a run to Moab Utah...seems very noob friendly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts