Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Has anyone really figured out all the settings on the ATAS ES DCT yet?
As with our 18-19 ‘s just a bunch of presets that won’t get much use if at all. “Generic “ settings ..

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Do you have a specific question about them?What do you mean by "settings"? Engine maps or what else?
2020 has presets for DCT, Suspension, wheelie control...

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Yes I know, owning one, but the OP question is?
I think just a little bit of information overload.
it all looks a bit overwhelming at first... is what he was saying

normal bike

2020 AT

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Relhok and TN-Rider

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think just a little bit of information overload.
it all looks a bit overwhelming at first... is what he was saying
My suggestion is to keep default values and use already defined engine maps (tour, urban, gravel, etc.) depending on the situation (the gravel can be used when it's rainy). Give a quick look to the manual just to understand the possibilities the bike provides. When you've collected some usage, you'll find what you need to change on the bike's settings to customize them to your needs.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
My suggestion is to keep default values and use already defined engine maps (tour, urban, gravel, etc.) depending on the situation (the gravel can be used when it's rainy). Give a quick look to the manual just to understand the possibilities the bike provides. When you've collected some usage, you'll find what you need to change on the bike's settings to customize them to your needs.
Agreed, best advice..

Reactions: deltabi

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. Yes I was referring to all those settings. I mostly run in Tour because I like all the info it shows especially what gear I'm in. I'm very interested in suspension adjustments. It will be a while but I'll post back as I try tweaking settings. Just a side note I thought the Wheelie control was laughable till I had the bike stand up from take off on a stretch of new pavement. Seems like the 1100 has twice as much torque as my 17 DCT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Touch the upper part of the TFT screen, go to User 1 and program your favorite setting (power, torque control, engine brake and suspension settings). Works for me!
Also programmed a User 2 with different settings just to feel the difference.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the input. Yes I was referring to all those settings. I mostly run in Tour because I like all the info it shows especially what gear I'm in. I'm very interested in suspension adjustments. It will be a while but I'll post back as I try tweaking settings. Just a side note I thought the Wheelie control was laughable till I had the bike stand up from take off on a stretch of new pavement. Seems like the 1100 has twice as much torque as my 17 DCT.
You will appreciate the latest and greatest features of the 2020 model more if you read up on what the older models had.
I had posted a bit about it in an earlier thread titled "DCT Confusion"

·
Registered
343 Posts
You can have the full screen info in whatever engine mode you're in: look for Gold, Silver and Bronze screen in the manual. ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts