Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am needing some help deciding on which panniers to go with, Tuck Olypmus, or Mosko Moto Outback. The Mosko's have a better mounting system, however the Olympus are almost half the price and look very well made. Please if you own either, let me know what you think.

·
Administrator
4,209 Posts
I have the Tusk Olympus. If I was going to be globetrotting across the world I would buy the Mosko for sure, but the Olympus works for what I need. The mounting/dismounting is super simple, just a pull of the loop and they are off and I can carry them into a hotel room or tent. I can also easily switch back and forth between hard and soft as needed. I am happy with them for what I use them for :)

I have a set of Wolfman bags that are smaller that I plan to add a plates to so that those are easy on/off as well for a 3rd option.

For the cost of them, I can get racks for two separate bikes and both soft and hard panniers for about the price of setting up Mosko soft panniers on one bike.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the Olympus. I love them. Plenty of room and the internal dry bags are a nice feature. Here is something I didn’t know. They come with a set of extra quick mount brackets for you to use on another set of panniers of your choice. That’s right freebies……. Lol. Seriously though I run my soft panniers for travel/camping and such but around town and commuting I used the extra brackets for a set of harbor freight pelican cases. Perfect for my rain gear/ lunch box or after work errands.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The ease if the Mosko mounting system is worth its weight in gold.
I have a set of the Mosko backcountry panniers in the 35L and 25L sizes. As stated, they mount and unmount in less than 5 seconds. Very solid mounts and the bags are bomb proof. What sold me on them, a guy buying a GPS from me came to my house on his BMW (sorry) and had the Mosko bags on his bike. I was asking how he liked them and how durable they were. He took one off his bike and threw it 20 yards (that's 18 meters for you northern folks) across my yard with it bouncing several times. No damage at all.

Rode 11,800 miles (that's 18,990 klicks for you northern folks) sometimes in rain and hard rain and never a drop inside the bags.

I also got the additional four bag option and they came in REAL handy for storage and keeping things separated. I highly recommend those extra 4 bags.

FYI

The Mosko bags MAY be for sale soon. ;)

Also MAY be selling a Touratech XL waterproof bag. It stayed 100% dry inside also on the trip
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
. 🌨💦

·
Administrator
4,209 Posts
I was asking how he liked them and how durable they were. He took one off his bike and threw it 20 yards (that's 18 meters for you northern folks) across my yard with it bouncing several times. No damage at all.
I am not trying to be flippant, because I really like and own some Mosko stuff, but I think any reputable brand pannier system will survive a 20-yard toss across my yard without damage.

Most should be fairly crash-resistant, such as this video at 2m38s. Mosko is very crash resistant, as are other brands.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am not trying to be flippant, because I really like and own some Mosko stuff, but I think any reputable brand pannier system will survive a 20-yard toss across my yard without damage.

Most should be fairly crash-resistant, such as this video at 2m38s. Mosko is very crash resistant, as are other brands.

I know he is asking about soft panniers but I wouldn't throw a hard pannier 20 yards across a yard. LOL

I am not paid by Mosko or I would have gotten my panniers A LOT cheaper but they do cover crash damage in their warranty. The other soft pannier companies I looked at before buying do not cover crash damage.

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 manual
147 Posts
I fit Kriega OS-24 onto my bike with the AS rear grab bars. Have been thinking about changing. But definitely willing to sell or ship. Kriega is really awesome, and cant beat the 10 year warranty. Easily removable too

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Administrator
4,209 Posts
I know he is asking about soft panniers but I wouldn't throw a hard pannier 20 yards across a yard. LOL

I am not paid by Mosko or I would have gotten my panniers A LOT cheaper but they do cover crash damage in their warranty. The other soft pannier companies I looked at before buying do not cover crash damage.
My wife had one of her Jesse's go bouncing down the road if that counts lol

Hard panniers would probably do more damage to my yard than the pannier if I tossed them 20 yards across it.

But the Tusk, which are not as durable as the Mosko, I wouldn't hesitate tossing them 20 yards across the yard. But I think I would definitely want to pick up the yard from the dogs first

The crash protection is nice, but it does require major damage and a police report. My insurance covers that anyway, so they would deny the claim based on that.

5-Year Accident Repair or Replacement Guarantee
If you have a major crash, and your regular insurance won't cover it, we’ll repair or replace gear damaged in the crash for free – up to 5 years from the date you bought it. Please send us the police accident report, and an explanation of the incident, so that we can determine whether your damage is covered.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any thoughts on Nelson Rigg?
I have the NR Adventure bags. They are cheap. So far they have never leaked on me. SInce I mostly travel with hard bags on and I offroad with as little as possible, they do not see a lot of use. If I was going to ride more frequently with softies or do long trips that need soft luggage, I would invest more and look at the other brands being discussed. The Turkana are the ones I have been eyeing up.

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
I have a set of the Mosko backcountry panniers in the 35L and 25L sizes. As stated, they mount and unmount in less than 5 seconds. Very solid mounts and the bags are bomb proof. What sold me on them, a guy buying a GPS from me came to my house on his BMW (sorry) and had the Mosko bags on his bike. I was asking how he liked them and how durable they were. He took one off his bike and threw it 20 yards (that's 18 meters for you northern folks) across my yard with it bouncing several times. No damage at all.
. . .
I reckon Mom's china or a puppy was not in that bag. :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts