Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
I think the User can't see the firmware version level on the Engine ECM, or Body BCU. Or also the TCM or Transmission control Module, AKA DCT.
We can only see version of software/firmware and hardware of the TFT Display.

To access the other modules, a proper Diagnostic Scanner is needed.
Likely.

·
Registered
611 Posts
So basically, how can I figure out which version for my DCT is installed? In the case, if I got your point, is it possible to get this information without dealer support?

Thanks✌
no it´s not possible , also TFT hardware and software aren´t make any difference to the TCM

• Helpful
Reactions: ViperTech18

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please Read!!!!!!

Hey guys I would not do this software upgrade I'm almost sure this is what's causing the TFT freezing problems and other issues with my bike! Mine was perfect all last summer and then this spring I did this software update on my bike, and now it's sick getting frozen TFT screen and other TFT issues, that all started up basically right after I did this update!

I wouldn't touch it, leave your bikes original and let's see if you guys have any other problems the rest of us of had.
Reg Riemer

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100 Africa Twin DCT
99 Posts
Please Read!!!!!!

Hey guys I would not do this software upgrade I'm almost sure this is what's causing the TFT freezing problems and other issues with my bike! Mine was perfect all last summer and then this spring I did this software update on my bike, and now it's sick getting frozen TFT screen and other TFT issues, that all started up basically right after I did this update!

I wouldn't touch it, leave your bikes original and let's see if you guys have any other problems the rest of us of had.
Reg Riemer
You did what software "upgrade"? Did you update the firmware to 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, .... etc.? If not 3.1: How did you get the firmware?

No one yet seems to have found the firmware online. Most had the firmware updated by their dealers, and I've read none to have issues after the update to 3.3/3.4.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You did what software "upgrade"? Did you update the firmware to 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, .... etc.? If not 3.1: How did you get the firmware?

No one yet seems to have found the firmware online. Most had the firmware updated by their dealers, and I've read none to have issues after the update to 3.3/3.4.
I did this one; Since then my bike has the freezing TFT issue randomly!

Reg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started a thread where we can all put our year of AT, vin#, Model AS or standard, DCT or Manual, firmware version # in TFT.

Its just new but there are lots of us with this frozen screen, my bike was running in this photo, screen not responding to the buttons on the bars, also no fuel, tank was full, no RPM and no speedo.

Reg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea that’s the one! We really need Honda Japan’s Africa Twin CRF1100 Engineers to chime in here and help us with this stupid situation! As every day that goes by and the more it shows us maybe they don’t care about loss of face and quality image to their own customers. Maybe we need to look at a different brand next time we want to buy new bikes! Terrible honda service.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Please Read!!!!!!

Reg Riemer
I would have to completely disagree. My bike has done the exact same thing from day one. I have upgraded the software to 3.1 and still have a random incident.

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
427 Posts
May be the firmware which you upload to the usd damaged. It sometimes happens when you download the firmware for the the internet your anti-virus scanner changed some bit in the back ground. Also windows 10 do this sometimes with zip files the file looks good (same size and so on). I would recommend clean your pc first then do a new download of firmware and format usb. Then disconnect pc from internet or network disable all virus scanners format usb again then upload firmware file to usb.Then look or your battery of your bike is full if so then do the upgrade.
I don,t know or it is possible to downgrade to 2.8 but a dealer should know that.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Downgrade are not available , but dealer can sure help about this TFT problems . That´s also why they will not offer such sort of updates anymore.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts