Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New set of black Heed Crash Bars, never installed, for the 2016 Africa Twin DCT model. Purchased a little over a year ago for approx. $300 (including shipping) directly from Heed in Poland. Asking $150 for them, I'm located in Central Florida and would prefer not to ship. Here's a link to the Heed website if you want more details.

Crash bars for Honda CRF 1000 Africa Twin DCT - Bunker black

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are these still available? I have a 2017 DCT. Do you know if they will fit a 2017? I tried looking on their website but I couldn't tell.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I put a set on a 2017, I believe they are identical between 2016 and 2017.

I like them quite well. They fit very precisely; not fiddling around to get the bolts in. I did have to notch the Black Dog Cycle Works bashplate a bit on the lower left side, but not a big deal. Should fit with stock bashplate no problem.

Have had a couple of low speed drops, off road with them. Zero damage to anything, other than a few scratches on the crashbars. Could paint them, but isn't that what stickers are for?;)

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I put a set on a 2017, I believe they are identical between 2016 and 2017.

I like them quite well. They fit very precisely; not fiddling around to get the bolts in. I did have to notch the Black Dog Cycle Works bashplate a bit on the lower left side, but not a big deal. Should fit with stock bashplate no problem.

Have had a couple of low speed drops, off road with them. Zero damage to anything, other than a few scratches on the crashbars. Could paint them, but isn't that what stickers are for?;)
No, you must leave the scratches. It marks the soul of the machine that takes care of you.

(whaa da heck is DT saying? o_O )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts