Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin DCT in stealth black (non-Adventure Sports)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is my well-loved 2016 BMW C650GT touring scooter. I’m upgrading to an Africa Twin DCT, and thought that maybe someone in this forum might want a lower seat or have a riding companion who may be interested.

It has 8,820 miles. ABS, Highline package (including heated grips, electrically adjustable windscreen, etc.) It has the BMW top case paint-matched and keyed to the bike, and the BMW handlebar mounted Navigator V GPS (a Garmin product) with up-to-date maps and free downloads for the life of the device. Gerbing / BMW style power port installed in right glove box for heated gear or battery tender. I have both original keys, maintenance records done at Bob’s BMW, including new rotors and brakes up front at 3,153 miles, new rear tire at 4,485 miles due to a puncture, front brake hoses replaced as a recall at 4,934, and new front tire and oil change at 7,891 miles. It has a Corbin seat that is incredibly comfortable, but the heater barely works (even after being shipped back to Corbin for investigation). I can include the stock seat if you’d like it, which heats up GREAT but is as comfortable as ... a stock seat.

Title free and clear of lien, ready to ride away no matter how far away you live. Contact me if you’d like more photos or to see it in person.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Reminds me of my Yamaha Majesty 400, On Steroids!
Great looking bike.

BTW TDC, Love your signature!
I know you're joking though, in reality, 10 minutes on a bike does the trick.
Thanks!
And sadly, the first 30 minutes of any ride for me is through the gridlock that is Washington, DC, traffic. Takes me 40 minutes to clear my head, at least!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, I hadn't considered that, you have my sympathies.
My rides start 1 mile outside of city limits, of a town of 6,000.
Yeah, I'm blessed.
You are blessed. I’m looking forward to retirement, or maybe a cabin in the woods with A motorcycle barn so I can ride my weekends away without traffic!

·
Registered
2019 CRF1000A
197 Posts
Yamaha Majesty 400 is a surprisingly capable machine.
Best bang for the buck short touring bike. In the last 10 years, we’ve had so much fun on them.

I hadn’t planned on selling mine, knowing I’ll be too old to handle the AT on day. But in the first two months of learning to ride it, I realized how poorly the scooters handle in comparison. So I did sell it, and am trying to convince Julie to upgrade. She’s not against the idea, we test rode a 2014 Honda NC700 DCT a few weeks ago, she liked, it sounded and looked great. But it didn’t handle anything like an AT either, it felt clunky doing low speed maneuvers. For $5,200 it wasn’t the safer option I’d hoped it would be. The next day, after we’d gone for a ride,” she said, I love my scooter “.

I do wish the Honda CB500x came in DCT. We’ll keep looking.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s exactly what I did. Retired in Jan 2020.
You're living the dream. I'm clearing this scooter out to make room (physically and financially) for a used Africa Twin DCT. DCT will make it super convenient in those traffic jams, just like my BMW's twist-and-go belt was!

·
Super Moderator
7,259 Posts
Best bang for the buck short touring bike. In the last 10 years, we’ve had so much fun on them.

I hadn’t planned on selling mine, knowing I’ll be too old to handle the AT on day. But in the first two months of learning to ride it, I realized how poorly the scooters handle in comparison. So I did sell it, and am trying to convince Julie to upgrade. She’s not against the idea, we test rode a 2014 Honda NC700 DCT a few weeks ago, she liked, it sounded and looked great. But it didn’t handle anything like an AT either, it felt clunky doing low speed maneuvers. For $5,200 it wasn’t the safer option I’d hoped it would be. The next day, after we’d gone for a ride,” she said, I love my scooter “.

I do wish the Honda CB500x came in DCT. We’ll keep looking.
View attachment 58906
I've met couples who toured two-up with gear across Canada (coast-to-coast) and down into the U.S. on the Majesty 400.

·
Super Moderator
7,259 Posts
Yep, it's possible.
Used ones are cheap, and they just run and run.
My daughter and me, 2016.
View attachment 58908
Fantastic.

The only observed issue when loaded two-up with gear (and maybe solo too) is highway climbing in mountain regions ... understandably. But, eventually they catch up with the herd.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for looking, but she was trailered to her new home today. Now...time to buy my Africa Twin!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts