Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
South Africa ,
:smile2:
here we come , I have to leave the AT home here , going to South Africa to visit the daughter ,
i wonder if i can rent a bike overthere , should be fun ,staing around the area of Knysna , and travel to the Cape ,
looking forward to it

·
Registered
93 Posts
HI Cod master , that's cool, and will be very cost effective with the rate of exchange now . check these guys out . http://www.gsafrica.com/ . try do Baviaans , Die **** and many more in that area if you have time . Honestly some of the best riding in SA right there .Have a blast !

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Codmaster , I wish !! it is way more pretty there than here , I am in JHB .. about 11 hrs drive away .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good time of year for visiting the Cape in South Africa. Temperature averages around 28 degree's Celsius. The winds are still quite strong 40+km/hr on certain days but starting to die down. People always complain about the wind when visiting here so just warning you up front ;-)

The wind, commonly known as the Cape Dr for the fact it allows us to produce some of the best wines in the world and keeps the skies free from pollution in summer when the grapes become ripe for picking. That's if you drink wine of course. No shortage of beers here either, especially craft beers. Always fun to visit the wine farms though and do some tasting.

Best experienced on a motorcycle ! (not while drinking) ...try stick to the coastal routes for the best scenery when in the Cape although if you're new to the region its pretty good everywhere. You can even hire a Harley Davidson in Cape Town and cruise around on that if you want. Sure there are other bikes too but haven't investigated.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rory, marsbeetle,

We arrived in Brenton on sea , place around Knysna ,
the sun is here , and there is is wind is strong , but not bothering,
Today we pick up the car and start exploring things,
on my bucketlist is seafishing, and if i got a chance , riding a bike here ,
But i have to see That the 2 lady, s ( wife and daughter )
Are happy also.
I Will visit Honda Knysna to see if they have the AT here , i keep you Guy,s update ,:wink2::wink2:

Luc

·
Registered
93 Posts
HI Luc and marsbug. that's cool have a great time. You will have to wait a few more weeks to see an AT here as we get the base model in 3 weeks and the abs and DCT to follow in 3 weeks after that ????
How long you here for ?
WELCOME TO SA !!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Rory, Luc

...enjoy your holiday Luc. I have a good friend who owns an ice-cream shop called the Ice Palazzo on George Rex Drive. I think it is located on the other side of the river from where you are staying. Maybe you will run into it :)

Nelis

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rory , Marsbeetle,
We will be here until the end of the month , traveling around between Port Elisabeth and Capetown ,went deep sea fishing yesterday , :wink2: what an experience , we went out trough the Knysna heads , from the lagoon into the
Indian Ocean ,

Go and visit Honda today , keep you bikers update :laugh:
Luc

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey guys , Hehe, they get harassed every 2nd or third day ! Im applying the "squeaky wheel gets the most oil " option !! glad you are having a blast . Did you try hire a bike yet ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rory , Marsbeetle ,
We are back home , what a beautifull country you have , i fell in love with it ,
i went to see Honda Knysna , and they told me the AT is comming end April ,
I gave Dave ( the owner) a buff from Africatwin , and he was happy as a child with it ;
Hope to come back one day ,
greetings from cold Belgium:smile2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Guys ,Codmaster , I'm glad you had a great time ! (presume you did not get round to renting a bike ?)Just heard the base model is about 1 1/2 weeks away with ABS to follow late March / early April .It would be great to get it for the Easter weekend !

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm probably going to hold off on getting an AT until its proven itself. What I mean is nobody has toured across the globe on one yet and there are far too many unknowns. I have no doubt it will be reliable but to what extent ? Anyway, will see. I change my mind all the time ;)

Glad you enjoyed your trip to South Africa Codmaster !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts