Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed module with harness yesterday, as I had installed 44T rear sprocket (highly recommend for offroad and all round) a few thousand K's ago. Reading about 10% faster, not concerned other than ghost K's added to odometer reading.
After ambitiously thinking to plug and play I might be able to access the speedo sensor atop gearbox beneath battery by hopefully just removing battery and 'manipulating' the battery holder, I decided not happening. Searched here and afar on google and only referencing splicing at harness plug LHS fairing, or for for plug and play removing everything from tank to including battery box above sensor, I decided to splice (soldered, heatshrinked etc) supplied lead into lead from sensor where it is harnessed behind oil filler. Much quicker and easier, still neat, mounted module under pillion seat, along with the MCCruise module. Used the speedhealer calculation method to establish a -9.5% correction required, which is about what was anticipated. I'll probably not worry about the 5% std factory tolerance.
Yet to test ride, but easy to set up, I gave quick run to 2nd gear on centre stand, all seems to work at this stage.
Anyway probably done before but I couldn't find any reference to this method on Web.

Cheers

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did it with standard gearing and tyres as I don't want the factory over read. This little beasty, from 12 o'clock labs, also had to be spliced into the speedo pulse wire.

Nice tidy job there, but next time you go into that area, maybe tape it from the bottom upwards so there are no little moisture catchments.
I always compare my speedo against GPS speed on a straight run and one could drive themselves mad putting in compensations for tyre wear. But the bottom line is I want my biggest indicator to give me the most exact reading possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts