Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedometer accuracy

Want to report that I just returned from a 650 mile ride on the ATAS and the speedometer is accurate as compared to the speed given by Waze.

Nice Honda!:)

·
Registered
418 Posts
This would be quite pecculiar because in all vehicles the speedometers are purposely overoptimistic. This is so that one can never claim that broke a road limit misled by his/hers speedometer.

In all hondas I had, the speedometer offset was about 7%, and I founf the ATAS to be no exeption to the rule. When the speedo shows 100kilometers per hr my GPS indicates 93. At a speed of 215K/Hr my GPS registered a top speed of 199,7.

The odometer on the other hand, is dead accurate; but of course deviation may be expected as the tires wears out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Certainly not accurate in the UK, at an indicated 76mph, the gps suggest 70mph. The only vehicle I’ve had, that was actually accurate, was a the Porsche Cayman, 70mph indicated and 70 on gps.

·
Registered
492 Posts
And my US model reads between 2 and 3 mph high at 70, according to GPS--3.6%. I thought it read way high at first, but it was just because it was smoother than all the other bikes I've had, and I was speeding...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine too, dead on. My twin has the most accurate speedo on any bike I have owned.

·
Registered
325 Posts
18 Atas , got a good 5-6%

1 - 11 of 11 Posts