Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one adjusted the spots as with luggage or sometimes on my own my lights dazzle oncoming traffic , they are too high I am sure . and I want to lower them

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the lights

Is the rear pre-load already maxxed out? If not then just increase it when loaded up.
thanks mate but

its not the pre load its the lights as they light up road signs 20/30 foot high

160 round trip to dealer so I hoped some one had done it before

·
Registered
125 Posts
Increasing the preload will keep the rear from sagging which will keep your headlight from pointing higher.

Or adjust your headlight down with adjuster screw.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Adjuster

Increasing the preload will keep the rear from sagging which will keep your headlight from pointing higher.

Or adjust your headlight down with adjuster screw.
dealer told me they are not adjustable but I found a manual download and in publication no M11 it asks the dealer to print off adjustment instructions and give to customer. so sorted cheers

the top of the spot is measured on the bike and the top of the beam is measured 5 meters from the bike and this
should be the same height exactly

·
Registered
22 Posts
Geddy did you ever find out how to adjust your lights? My high beam is aimed very high and I'd like to lower it. Thank you

·
Registered
479 Posts
Geddy did you ever find out how to adjust your lights? My high beam is aimed very high and I'd like to lower it. Thank you
In the manual, page 127

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the 2016 Honda CRF 1000 service manual (page 3-24), It only shows how to adjust the headlight (low-beam). It is straight forward and easy. The problem is that there is no reference as to how to adjust the high-beam. There is only one adjustment knob and it is for the low beam. My low beam is perfectly adjusted but my high beam illuminates low flying aircraft. Has anyone figured out how to adjust the high-beam?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts