Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot to mention that I have a squeeling sound from the fuel tank when I park in the garage for quite a while.. it almost sounds like the breather is blocked.. I see the AT has a relief valve In the filler cap under the key flap.. Is this causing the sound ? Anyone else noticed this? It was more frequent when it was new..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry, I cannot help you. I am blessed with a hearing impairment. I am unable to hear piddling engine noises or my whining wife.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Is it expanding fuel in the tank? I've had bikes that make squealing when the fuel expands over top of a warm motor. The fuel tank is sealed and I think what you're hearing is the air pushing out past the rubber gasket around the fuel cap.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Is it expanding fuel in the tank? I've had bikes that make squealing when the fuel expands over top of a warm motor. The fuel tank is sealed and I think what you're hearing is the air pushing out past the rubber gasket around the fuel cap.
In the cap itself there is a small ball bearing type one way vent valve with a spring (you can remove it to add secondary syphon tank) its probably that thats making the noise. Under the tank there is the drain air vent and the overflow hose if the air vent hose has been kinked it may make that noise as well. I think its just the valve releaving pressure as you say.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anybody else notice this ? Never had it it on my old 2016 model , but noticed it yesterday on my new 2018 model. Heard the described sound , opened filler cap where there was a noticeable pressure relief. Still on first tank of fuel so will monitor and get dealer to check at 600 mile service.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My ATAS does it all the time. Open your filler cap and you will hear a whoosh of air. Its just the tank breathing, all is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts