Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an issue when blipping the throttle and the bike wanting to stall or stalling? I noticed it when down shifting that it would momentarily cut off but stay running. Then I was seeing if it would do it again yesterday while riding and with the clutch in while moving it cut off completely at about 30mph. Its just when I give it a quick sharp twist. But it doesnt do it when I rev it longer and higher.

My bike is a 16 manual. It has about 400 miles on it as I just got it 2 weeks or so ago.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue yet? I didn't see it when searching through the threads.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have had some backfiring through the throttle bodies but not excessively so. I have also seen mention of stalling here and there. There is a suggestion that doing the ECU reset will cure this. I am not 100% sure how this is done with this particular motorcycle but look it up on the web and I am sure You will get the answer. With my former 690KTM it entailed a tickover for 15 minutes from cold without touching any controls.

The other suggestion is a possible problem with the start/kill switch.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yea, mine did it once at about 400kl, never had it happen again, go figure?
I think the more I ride it the better I subconsciously understand it and adjust to it..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone have an issue when blipping the throttle and the bike wanting to stall or stalling? I noticed it when down shifting that it would momentarily cut off but stay running. Then I was seeing if it would do it again yesterday while riding and with the clutch in while moving it cut off completely at about 30mph. Its just when I give it a quick sharp twist. But it doesnt do it when I rev it longer and higher.

My bike is a 16 manual. It has about 400 miles on it as I just got it 2 weeks or so ago.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue yet? I didn't see it when searching through the threads.
Is this related to the MAP sensor tube being too short or kinked. The tube was replaced on mine and helped starting and erratic idle. Ask your dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes my bike has been doing this since i took it off the lot. I have called honda and had it to three different dealers now and they cant find why. I believe it is a lean condition.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some '14 v-strom 1000's were plagued by stalling, usually on downshifts, blipping throttle. It was caused by excessive lean conditions. Some were able to get a new ECU from Suzuki. Others cured it by installing a fuel controller/tuner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah mine was doing it but seems to have settled down now I have more kms on the clock 14000 also you don't need to blip changing down the slipper clutch smooths it out well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Gents. My bike does exactly the same once you press the clutch and you give a small blipping to the throttle makes a strange sound and then the engine shutdown while the bike is moving. The Bike is 2016 model with 4000 km and this is happening at low speed with gear 3 to 2.
I visited the dealers and he connected to the computer and everything was showing normal. Does anyone else have the same problem?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yup mine does it once in a while and I've got about 18,000km now. It's always been the same since new. Kind of a pain since a couple of times it happened on corner entry and my rear wheel locked up (well it slowed to a speed below that which I was travelling so it broke traction) and put me sideways when I let out the clutch on the downshift because the rpms didn't match the speed due to the backfire. Honda engines have done this since the 80s I'm surprised they still do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts