Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the preload on number 35 clicks out of 35 the bike sits on it's arse so bad two up that I can't get the sidestand down,the spring is not fit for purpose but I am not buying a new shock on a brand new bike,so in the uk top suspension company KTECH do 4 different weight springs for a tenth of the price of a new shock,i will take the shock out and get them to fit the new spring and then I will have the bike it should be now,at this time there is no way I could put luggage and a pillion on together.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
steveR,taking off my shock next week after iv'e been to bsb,taking shock up to ktech,they have 3 different weight springs,i need the heaviest 1,they will take off my spring and fit the new 1 for free so £90 all in,the bargain of the year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hyperpro

I am installing a progressive rear spring from Hyperpro tomorrow as my bike sags too much with stock spring and luggage. Costs a lot less than a replacement shock. The shock shock is pretty good except for rebound. It’s completely rebuidable and fully adjustable. I will most likely rebuild it this winter to enhance rebound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts