Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
459 Posts
It's not great to wait as long as you have just to get the OK for a new sensor.

I suppose they might not be sure it is just the sensor so it could turn into the "mechanic's run-around" where they keep replacing everything until it appears to work. The difference here is that Honda has to pay for it rather than you and so they are perhaps applying their own glacial approach to the process. That certainly appears to be what is happening with S4MST3R's bike that had the DCT problems and with the heated grips.

Slowly-slowly and all that might be the best way but I imagine it's really annoying as a customer waiting to get your bike working properly. I hope it gets sorted soon for you. And I also hope it doesn't start affecting too many others.

· Registered
459 Posts
Perhaps unrelated but I've never owned a bike that smelled of petrol as much as the Honda. I park it in a garage that is reasonably well ventilated and cover it but there is still a distinct petrol smell - but no apparent leaks. It's not garage-forecourt levels - just a subtle smell - "eau de petroleum" if you like.

I'm sure it's a breather somewhere or something but it seems worse than the last bike I had (2004 R1).

Is this normal or do I need to get it checked out?

It also doesn't start as quickly as other bikes I've had - goes first time but after a longer turning-over period. Previous bikes just fired up almost instantaneously. Might just be emissions etc. as the other half's car is similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.