Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run out of cash and have no new parts coming :( State issued a stay at home order and there is nothing left to do but clean every nook and cranny on my steed. She looks amazingly clean and yet I feel there is something missing...saddle time. Be healthy and safe amongst this Covid 19 insanity.

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
I have run out of cash and have no new parts coming :( State issued a stay at home order and there is nothing left to do but clean every nook and cranny on my steed. She looks amazingly clean and yet I feel there is something missing...saddle time. Be healthy and safe amongst this Covid 19 insanity.
I am not sure of the details of your state at home order. But looking at ours I don't believe it precludes motorcycling. As long as you just go ride, don't make stops other than fuel and don't congregate in groups.

Edit: Just saw from another post that you are also from Colorado. The order permits hiking, biking, walking the dog, etc. I can't imagine that we can't Motorcycle. I think there is a much better chance of transmission passing someone on a hike or a dog walk than passing someone on a motorcycle :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Good to read that CO is not in some sort of "military" lockdown, or similar. That would have taken away from the would-be U.S. troops along the harsh and brutal U.S.-Canada border points:

The sight and thought of U.S. citizens rushing to the Canada border to only be stopped by the U.S. military sounds like a bad B-class 1980's Hollywood movie about Russian citizen border control. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
Good to read that CO is not in some sort of "military" lockdown, or similar. That would have taken away from the would-be U.S. troops along the harsh and brutal U.S.-Canada border points:

The sight and thought of U.S. citizens rushing to the Canada border to only be stopped by the U.S. military sounds like a bad B-class 1980's Hollywood movie about Russian citizen border control. :D
Denver is locked down moreso than we are. Denver Post had to publish a clarification that said "No Denver, you cannot drive up to the mountains to hike". The point of the lockdown was to keep Denver residents in Denver and stop the spread to the mountain communities that have limited medical facilities to deal with it. So while they are encouraging hiking, walkingz bicycling, FFS don't drive up to Vail or Frisco to do it :)

But yeah, that scenario does sound like a bad movie plot. Nicholas Cage is surely in it :)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts

Why do they assume it’s people “sneaking” into the US? I think we need yet another wall to keep Americans from sneaking in to Canada, watch out Canada you might end up with a bunch of illegal Americans running amuck in your provinces... After all, people from Mexico “sneak” into America, making America the new Mexico - people from the US ‘sneak” into Canada, making Canada the new America . People from Canada you can “sneak” in to... Hmm. Wow! I guess you can take your pick - Arctic Circle or Northern Russia or Siberia. All great spots PLENTY of wide open spaces, “move in ready” just don’t forget to bring a sweater cause it gets a little chilly at night.
WAIT!! Never mind, you guys can’t go north, according to some people the word is flat and we wouldn’t want you to fall off the edge, but rest assured we will find some place for you to ”sneak” into..
Of course all this hinges on when the stay at home order if lifted.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
People have been sneaking into Ontario/Quebec Canada from the U.S. for some time now. I think they use the U.S. as a flow-through. I believe U.S. officers warn them what they are about to do is illegal. They typically get arrested as they cross into Canada. We try to do our best.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Being Canadian we were politely asked to work from home and close non-essential businesses... until the usual idiots didn't listen so now it is law for those returning from another country. I still ride but I've only been local. I don't have to interact with anyone even to get gas (I have a speed pass or my credit card). Once out of the city the roads are sparse. Since working from home for over 2 weeks now it is my only solace from cabin fever.

Of course every place has different rules and I can only speak for where I am.

Stay safe. Stay healthy. If you don't care about yourself enough to heed the medical professionals then at least give a thought or two for those who are very vulnerable and don't have to die just because you can't keep to yourself for a couple months.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Roads aren't good for me yet, still minus F qt night and ice/snow everywhere. Not sure if this will hold up my bike thats being trucked up through Canada at last check. Strange times indeed

Same issues here in Alaska. I'm working today and seeing more and more folks coming out to do "essential things"

Our mandate started at 5pm yesterday but still not being taken serious it seems.

If you see my bike on a trailer over there, tell her I can't wait to see her!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I won’t be riding until at least next weekend, my tubeless rear isn’t holding air and I just ordered a set of Trailmax Missions so I’m going to wait for them to come in and swap them out before I pull the back tire and see what’s up (worst case I throw a tube back in there). No point in burning up my TKC80s on the commute to work, trails still have a bunch of snow on them so can’t ride those yet.

Still working here, I design injection molds and we just got a bunch of orders for medical stuff. Going to be a busy couple of weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I won’t be riding until at least next weekend, my tubeless rear isn’t holding air and I just ordered a set of Trailmax Missions so I’m going to wait for them to come in and swap them out before I pull the back tire and see what’s up (worst case I throw a tube back in there). No point in burning up my TKC80s on the commute to work, trails still have a bunch of snow on them so can’t ride those yet.

Still working here, I design injection molds and we just got a bunch of orders for medical stuff. Going to be a busy couple of weeks.
I ride too much highway for TKC80s and have Trailmax Missions in my cart but I haven't pushed the button yet. What tubes are you going to use with them if any? What pushed you over the edge in trying out a relatively new tire?

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
I ride too much highway for TKC80s and have Trailmax Missions in my cart but I haven't pushed the button yet. What tubes are you going to use with them if any? What pushed you over the edge in trying out a relatively new tire?
I have a set of Trailmax Missions on order through my dealership, but I have not yet received notice that they are in. I suspect shipments are a bit delayed with tires not having priority.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I'd been very interested in more rider information on road performance/durability regarding Trailmax Missions. I have read other early, rather positive reports, but can't wait for the AT Forum write-ups after some mileage.

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
It may take a while to get it depending on how long the stay at home orders go, but I will try to give some feedback when I can.

I really liked the Motoz Tractionator GPS on my previous 2016 model. I may have gone with those again, except my dealer can't get them and part of the sale was the first set of replacement tires is on them. I have read a lot of positive reviews on them, so looking forward to trying them out :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
My tires showed up today, ordered them through Revzilla this weekend. I decided to give them a try based on the reviews I’ve seen, they sound like exactly what I’m looking for. For right now I’ll be mainly riding them to work and back which is only a couple of miles each way, so won’t get a whole lot of miles on them until something changes with the virus.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not sure of the details of your state at home order. But looking at ours I don't believe it precludes motorcycling. As long as you just go ride, don't make stops other than fuel and don't congregate in groups.

Edit: Just saw from another post that you are also from Colorado. The order permits hiking, biking, walking the dog, etc. I can't imagine that we can't Motorcycle. I think there is a much better chance of transmission passing someone on a hike or a dog walk than passing someone on a motorcycle :)

Sorry for delay, called to work several 12 hour shifts in a row so riding was mute. The restriction is on unnecessary travel so being 200 plus miles into the mountains on a ride could be citation worthy. The potential for an accident and having to visit an ER during this period does not give me the warm fuzzies. Less traffic on the roads but the deer and elk are on the move and more likely to be on an uncongested road around a blind corner.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Denver is locked down moreso than we are. Denver Post had to publish a clarification that said "No Denver, you cannot drive up to the mountains to hike". The point of the lockdown was to keep Denver residents in Denver and stop the spread to the mountain communities that have limited medical facilities to deal with it. So while they are encouraging hiking, walkingz bicycling, FFS don't drive up to Vail or Frisco to do it :)

But yeah, that scenario does sound like a bad movie plot. Nicholas Cage is surely in it :)

I have noticed few vehicles on the road making the deer and elk more likely to be just around a blind corner. I was upset that I could not ride but work piled a few 12 hour shifts on me and that settled that concern.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd been very interested in more rider information on road performance/durability regarding Trailmax Missions. I have read other early, rather positive reports, but can't wait for the AT Forum write-ups after some mileage.
See the Chapmoto 2020 tire review here

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts