Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
What did you make the brackets from? I have loads of skateboard wheels left over from my kids. Are these available commercially?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made the brackets from some 2 pieces of scrap 2mm flat bar I had, I'll change the brackets to 5mm alloy when I can get some, if you want the genuine ones you can buy them here: https://stegzmoto.com.au/collections/honda/products/sp55-2015-2017-crf-1000-africa-twin

Their a brilliant idea, they lock your legs in position & makes holding yourself in position when standing so easy, no strain on the upper body, arm pump disappears, most of the desert race community here in Australia use them & all the successful racers use them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I made the brackets from some 2 pieces of scrap 2mm flat bar I had, I'll change the brackets to 5mm alloy when I can get some, if you want the genuine ones you can buy them here: https://stegzmoto.com.au/collections/honda/products/sp55-2015-2017-crf-1000-africa-twin

Their a brilliant idea, they lock your legs in position & makes holding yourself in position when standing so easy, no strain on the upper body, arm pump disappears, most of the desert race community here in Australia use them & all the successful racers use them.
Thanks so much for the info!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:confused: My imagination seems to have run out.....what is the purpose of making/fitting these ?
Steg Pegz allow you to grip and control the bike with your legs not just your arms. the skate board wheels stops the body going backwards under acceleration & going up steep hills taking weight off the hands and arms reducing arm pump and fatigue. they work so well you dont have to grips the bars near as tight, they are used by most of the Desert racers to stop fatigue & let them go faster for longer, mine are just a home made copy of the original, here is a link to the originals, another great Aussie invention

1 - 8 of 8 Posts