Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into coating the stock exhaust where a slip on would go? I actually like the sound of my 2019 ATAS, but that’s a lot of stainless. I was thinking of looking into having it Cerakoted. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
12 Posts
One of benefits of the stainless is that it hides dust and wipes clean fairly easily. If your'e going with ceramic coating, wouldn't an aftermarket slip-on just be a couple hundred more? I know you like the sound of the OEM, but there would be some weight savings involved as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of benefits of the stainless is that it hides dust and wipes clean fairly easily. If your'e going with ceramic coating, wouldn't an aftermarket slip-on just be a couple hundred more? I know you like the sound of the OEM, but there would be some weight savings involved as well.
Good points. I just don’t want it to sound like a souped up Harley. I know I sound old and nerdy. I’ll keep thinking on it. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anyone looked into coating the stock exhaust where a slip on would go? I actually like the sound of my 2019 ATAS, but that’s a lot of stainless. I was thinking of looking into having it Cerakoted. What do you guys think?
Ive a 19 in Rally colour and like the sound too. I was thinking of blackening out the heat shield only

·
Registered
124 Posts
You could have the muffler and heat shield media blasted to a matte type finish with the right type of "media" which gives it more of a titanium look.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could have the muffler and heat shield media blasted to a matte type finish with the right type of "media" which gives it more of a titanium look.
Good idea. I was thinking the Cerakote might make it more durable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts