Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't find a darn thing telling me the rate of the stock springs in kg or ft lbs.
does anyone have any information on them?
thank you ahead of time.

going with 20 weight oil with new spring to help slow speed valving.
should make it much more plush & allow me to speed up off road, as now it simply is to soft for my riding abilities.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I found all the answers right here took some searching. Stock is progressive, 0.55-0.56 with 0 initial pre-load. The stock 46mm Showa shock is not a bad unit but set up very lightly for road touring with an emphasis on comfort. Although the shock spring rate (8.3kg/mm) is OK for an 85kg rider, the shock spring pre-load needs to be increased dramatically to help keep the ride height up.
all the basic info & a nice sag chart with weights & proper setup to go off of.
this will help my suspension guy big time to get me set 1st time correctly.

sourced from below

http://teknikmotorsport.com.au/Honda-CRF1000F-Africa-Twin

·
Registered
76 Posts
well I found all the answers right here took some searching. Stock is progressive, 0.55-0.56 with 0 initial pre-load. The stock 46mm Showa shock is not a bad unit but set up very lightly for road touring with an emphasis on comfort. Although the shock spring rate (8.3kg/mm) is OK for an 85kg rider, the shock spring pre-load needs to be increased dramatically to help keep the ride height up.
all the basic info & a nice sag chart with weights & proper setup to go off of.
this will help my suspension guy big time to get me set 1st time correctly.

sourced from below

http://teknikmotorsport.com.au/Honda-CRF1000F-Africa-Twin
Hi Motomarc, I am trying to set up the suspension for my weight as well. The link you have attached does not work anymore. Would you happen to have the info at all? And if yes, would you mind sharing it again?

Thanks,

Sav

1 - 5 of 5 Posts