Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on some pivot pegs today and what a difference! Standing feels like solid ground as opposed to my full weight on a twig.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fitted XR650 pegs in the weekend. They feel some much better - I actually have room to move my feet around. A$26 on Fleabay - Can't go wrong.

·
Registered
465 Posts
All about perception, my friend.

I think stock pegs are awesome...

...to have as backups on a trail/road/journey/etc.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Any of the pegs that fit a Honda XR650L or XR650R will fit the AT there are a bunch of other Honda bikes that have this same footpeg but the two of the above models fit. It gives you a range of options for footpegs. I have the Moose racing SS ones they are a lot larger than the stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any of the pegs that fit a Honda XR650L or XR650R will fit the AT there are a bunch of other Honda bikes that have this same footpeg but the two of the above models fit. It gives you a range of options for footpegs. I have the Moose racing SS ones they are a lot larger than the stock.
What made you go with the Moose Racing footpegs?

·
Registered
64 Posts
yes tons of fitment to be had. many manufactures as well.xr400,cr80,xl650r,xr600 LOL.
thank you Honda for making the same things over & over again LOL. I have IMS pegs $70 on Ebay. bigger front to back side little wider and sharp as old hutch pedals on bicycle.:grin2:

My pile of extras is getting big now over $1100 so far.
I'm just waiting on my new house to close:grin2: & go pick up the bike same day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fitted XR650 pegs in the weekend. They feel some much better - I actually have room to move my feet around. A$26 on Fleabay - Can't go wrong.
I ordered some XR650L pegs from Honda based on comments on the forums, but I think I must have misunderstood because they are the same freakin' size as the AT ones, but without rubber pads, LOL!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am very happy with the stock pegs, particularly when standing up and maneuvering the bike off road.

The rubber on the pegs also reduces vibration on my aging joints :)

Reactions: True Ad Venture

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered some XR650L pegs from Honda based on comments on the forums, but I think I must have misunderstood because they are the same freakin' size as the AT ones, but without rubber pads, LOL!!

You need the cheap Chinese ebay pegs for the xr650l

I have had several pair and they are great for the money and more than strong.

I had to clearance the mount on a bench grinder to make them fit perfectly on the AT.

Well worth the 23$ and 20 mins in the shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have no problem with the stock pegs while on black top and tend to believe their small size helps avoid their scraping the asphalt some through tight turns. However, for technical off -road riding I can see where more substantial pegs could give one more confidence.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have no problem with the stock pegs while on black top and tend to believe their small size helps avoid their scraping the asphalt some through tight turns. However, for technical off -road riding I can see where more substantial pegs could give one more confidence.
And it depends how big your feet are of course and the type of boots you use. Knight Design have a nice lowered peg now as well, I have replaced the Moose racing ones with the KD lowered pegs. If you are standing for any time the stock ones put to much pressure in one place and they were no where near as wide as my boots.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey SkipD!

Did you have any issues with the KD lowered pegs?

I tried some KD lowered pegs on my Honda CB1100 and there wasn't enough play in the rear brake lever adjustment to match the lowered peg.

I am wondering how your install and new ride with the KD pegs went for you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have have the pivot pegz too. As you say, the original are pants! Standing is one thing but they are great for hooking your foot under the clutch. Leaves a little extra room if you're wearing adv boots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dropped my AT twice, once per side. in both instances the stock pegs ended up taking some of the weight. my right peg is now bent, I am looking for a replacement, something a bit beefier, etc

·
Registered
132 Posts
I dropped my AT twice, once per side. in both instances the stock pegs ended up taking some of the weight. my right peg is now bent, I am looking for a replacement, something a bit beefier, etc
I was looking at the Black Dogs before I decided on the Pivot Pegs. Pretty beefy they are.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts