Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing my AT tyres and I spied a 17" front off my cbr600 track bike.......it fitted and with some fettling of the mudguard a 120/70 will go in....so I've got some spare wheels and I'll get the rims changed and give it a go, I think a 19" front may be better for road use but won't hurt to try a 17"

Untitled by Tony H, on Flickr

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet, I’ll take one when I get the rim put on the spare hubs, going to try 17” front with standard rear. If it works I’ll put the rear in too but if not I’ll go with a 19” front for road tyres and keep the off road tyres on the original wheels and swap when needed only takes 5mins

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can fit a lot of wheels on the AT , get this work properly it´s the main problem.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I wouldn't mind a more road friendly front tyre/wheel at some point in the future... But once again, this is one of those things that will be resolved over time with a proper solution - as these bikes increase in popularity and the after market people realise there is a demand that they can satisfy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts