Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,010 Posts
Not sure if it is a similar thing but both for my 2021 and my 2022 I got a survey asking about dealer satisfaction etc. Nothing about what I thought of the AT so may be different.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The survey I got was all about the AT bike and then questions about competing brands. Then moved on to where do you look for bike items and shop. It also asked if I wanted the option of more levels of upgrades. Being able to pre-order installed upgrades from the factory.

·
Registered
2022 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
18 Posts
Not yet......

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie, 2017 Africa Twin, 2002 Vulcan, 2007 KLR, 1970 550 Suzuki L
200 Posts
Raw2210

Yes I received one on my 2017 . They wanted my opinion on serval things and can not remember all that they asked about. But they asked me what I thought. I told them it was not an Adventure bike with only 220 mile range. Next year they put on a 6 gallon tank with other up grades. So Honda does listen to customers.

Enjoy the Ride
Ruff Rider

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
The problem I find with many surveys is, they're not actually generated by the company you think they are. I get one every time I bring my Jeep in for any type of service. But the surveys are from a third party and, the information they request, in just about everyone, has way more to do with private information about me, than they do with the actual service that was performed. I don't take the Jeep in often but, whenever I have, I get the same survey request.

I told the customer relations person at the Jeep dealership about them being a third-party survey and way tooooooo much personal info was always requested. I told her that if the surveys were presented by the actual Jeep dealer and really wanted to know how well they performed, I'd gladly fill them out.

I purchased my '18 A/T A/S DCT brand new in April of '20 and did get a letter from Honda thanking me for my purchase. But, to date, I've received no surveys from Honda or any third party regarding the A/T purchase.
Scott

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem I find with many surveys is, they're not actually generated by the company you think they are.
Scott
Somebody is paying for the survey and I'd think Honda would be paying and the info would be going to them. Unless BMW or somebody is backdooring what people think of the AT. But that's a stretch. LOL

Bottom line is the cost for the survey is coming off somebody's bottom line. I'm guessing Honda.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DT I kinda see your point but if I was sent the survey, whoever sent it already has my name and address. Given to them probably by Honda who knows I own an AT because I told them I did for warranty intel etc.

So me telling them in the survey I like or dislike a BMW, KTM or what I like and dislike about the AT really should not hurt me individually. And if everyone is honest in their evaluation of all bikes they ask about, likes and dislikes, should help us all with how they make future bikes and what they use the resources ($$$) they have which are not unlimited to develop our possible next bike.

Now if they ask personal questions and not bike questions.....that goes in the trash.

Time to change the oil and clean on the bike a tad more.

Have a good day or ride folks!

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
DT I kinda see your point but if I was sent the survey, whoever sent it already has my name and address. Given to them probably by Honda who knows I own an AT because I told them I did for warranty intel etc.

So me telling them in the survey I like or dislike a BMW, KTM or what I like and dislike about the AT really should not hurt me individually. And if everyone is honest in their evaluation of all bikes they ask about, likes and dislikes, should help us all with how they make future bikes and what they use the resources ($$$) they have which are not unlimited to develop our possible next bike.

Now if they ask personal questions and not bike questions.....that goes in the trash.

Time to change the oil and clean on the bike a tad more.

Have a good day or ride folks!
That's right. Survey completion judgement on a case-by-case basis.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
It's not the questions and thoughts about the individual product in question, i.e. Honda, BMW, Jeep, or anything like that. It's the questions about:
1. Married
2. How long
3. Kids
4. How long have you lived where you live
5. How old are you
6. Ethnic group

And quite a few more. To me, and this is just an opinion, the survey should be direct to the point. Like if it was ACTUALLY HONDA, about an Africa Twin, it should be something in the lines of:
Thank you for your purchase of your new Honda Africa twin. If you would please take a few moments to answer a few questions pertaining to your experience(s) with your new Honda? This survey is DIRECT from Honda and NO third party entities are involved. There will be NO PERSONAL INFORMATION ASKED in this survey. Each question can be answered by either a YES or NO answer or, A-D choices.

1. How well has it performed for you to date
2. Is it or, has it met the expectations of you as an individual rider
3. Is this your first Honda
4. Has your new Honda Africa Twin presented any problems to date
5. If you have experienced an issue with your new Honda, was your selling (or any) Honda dealership able to quickly and professionally determine the problem(s).
6. If so, were they able to expedite a repair or remedy to your satisfaction

And so on and so on. There would be absolutely ZERO need for any personal information. They don't need to know how old I am. 16 or 70 years old, it doesn't matter how old I am or was when I purchased a Honda. The fact is/was, I PURCHASED ONE, PERIOD. There is no need to know if I was or am MARRIED and for what length of time. There is no need to know where I live and for how long. If they have a dealership, or dealerships in a given region, they KNOW what kind of sales those dealerships have done. And, it's a simple matter of the communications between the dealerships and mother Honda as to what kind of bikes are being sold, how many, and all that.

If a person needs to finance a motorcycle, then there will ample PERSONAL information on that form that a dealership can convey to mother Honda.

Folks, no matter how much you hide, and no matter how secure much of the internet
seems to be, they already know a ton of PERSONAL information about you. So, in my personal opinion, I'm just not gonna give them any more as long as I have the say so.
Scott

P.S. As far as "cost" for a survey, who knows who's paying for one? If a survey is about a Honda Africa Twin, then one could assume that Honda would be footing the bill but, there's about a 90% + chance it's conducted by a third party. And that means that that third party is also entitled to ANY personal information you put down. Your choice.
Scott

·
Administrator
4,023 Posts
Clarity Research posts links to their survey's online in various Facebook owners groups as well. They tend to be very demographics focused and sometimes take a "bait and switch" approach.

Just for the hell of it I started to go through one that was listed to the BMWMOA. It asked about other bikes you own and after I selected Honda all the questions it asked were about Honda. Not one about BMW

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Scot
I see you get a little Fired Up over these surveys.

Enjoy the Ride
Ruff Rider
Naw, not really. I'm just making a point. If a company wants to know how well they did on any particular operation, then simply ask me. And do it yourself, not by using any third party. Simple.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
9,681 Posts
Naw, not really. I'm just making a point. If a company wants to know how well they did on any particular operation, then simply ask me. And do it yourself, not by using any third party. Simple.
Scott
Often times it is cheaper for a corporation to farm out the survey management to a third party. Some corporations will argue it helps isolate bias in the survey questions. Maybe as a result, it makes some surveys "generic" and souless, which I have experienced. The surveying party really doesn't know what work was actually performed, but they know "something" was done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts