Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 ATAS is still on its factory front and rear damping settings. I only ride on tarmac, never have pillion, and carry a rack and topbox for day rides. I am 15 stone without clothes. I have 15 clicks of rear pre load and increase it if I put panniers on for nights away. I suspect the rear damping is set correctly for my requirements, but not so sure about the front.
Please can anyone who has played with damping settings post their adjustments and results good or bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I weigh the same and had to reduce preload on my forks to about 1 turn in from full soft to give me about 30% sag. My rebound is set to about 1/2 turn out. You can play with the compression damping, in to firm it up, out to make it more plush. I turned mine out 2 more clicks to make it more plush.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Honestly and seriously, there are plenty of great articles on how to set-up your suspension. I would recommend doing a google search to get the best results. Whenever I have a new bike and need to adjust the suspension, start with preload FIRST! Ensure it's set properly for your weight then do compression and rebound damping.

Are you noticing any issues? Do you feel like it needs more or less compression or rebound damping? For me as a starting point I'll set everything in the middle number of clicks and go from there. Rear first then then front. Again, plenty of good articles to get it set up for you on the 'net

1 - 4 of 4 Posts