Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Colleagues,

just purchased a new Honda africa twin 1100 (no DCT, no AS). 2021 model in pearl white.

While I'm waiting to recieve it next week i was wondering how do you do to modify the suspension,

if you had any videos or guide.

Im a tall person, 1.90 cm (6,2 feet) and i weight arround 100Kg (220 lb).

Does any one have more or less the same figures and has this bike? how is the suspension going for you?

I'm afraid that for my weight i will have to change my suspension to something better.

also i will present my bike next week as soon as i have it on my hands.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,007 Posts
Welcome to the Forum @Arsas, and congratulations on your new 2021 CRF1100.

Although for the earlier CRF1000L, here is a starting point (found using the "Search Community" widget):

·
Premium Member
2019 Africa Twin (CRF1000 DCT)
173 Posts
Hello Colleagues,

just purchased a new Honda africa twin 1100 (no DCT, no AS). 2021 model in pearl white.

While I'm waiting to recieve it next week i was wondering how do you do to modify the suspension,

if you had any videos or guide.

Im a tall person, 1.90 cm (6,2 feet) and i weight arround 100Kg (220 lb).

Does any one have more or less the same figures and has this bike? how is the suspension going for you?

Thanks

i am 183cm 6 feet 92 kg and the standard suspension Sag seems quite all right
i make the rear little harder when having a passenger

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats on the new CRF 2021 Arsas. Please post a pic or two when the moment arrives!
With the suspension, Im 5'10" @ 100kg and i find it adequate for my need which is mainly blacktop. (2019 manual)
There is a fair amount of scope there. It depends on what the main aim is.
Anyway Enjoy Mate

·
Registered
57 Posts
I find the suspension on the 2020 to be spot on and I am 230 lbs. The 20 and up got stiffer springs and revised damping. I have no need to change anything at this point. This is on the base model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts