Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my SW-Motech hard panniers a few days ago and I don't like the way locks work, you cannot remove the key unless it is in the locked position meaning you cant just close the latches without locking them, has anyone replaced those locks with something different so you can remove the key without locking the latch? I had the same setup on my V Strom as well, great cases but locking sucks. SW-Motech said it was to prevent the locks from coming open while on the trail and I get it but still don't like it.

·
Registered
'22 AT DCT
145 Posts
I received my SW-Motech hard panniers a few days ago and I don't like the way locks work, you cannot remove the key unless it is in the locked position meaning you cant just close the latches without locking them, has anyone replaced those locks with something different so you can remove the key without locking the latch? I had the same setup on my V Strom as well, great cases but locking sucks. SW-Motech said it was to prevent the locks from coming open while on the trail and I get it but still don't like it.
They are too expensive as it is, and I do not want to muck with them, lest I foul them up.
All Honda luggage carriers use the same cylinders+tumblers style locks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts