Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to buy a bash plate to match my engine bars and set about fitting them today.
It should have been no more than a 15 minute job but nothing is ever easy is it.

After fitting it as per the instructions the front of the bash plate was hard up against the left exhaust down pipe and with no adjustment possible I had to trim the bash plate. Perhaps this particular one is a faulty shape or perhaps my bike's (2018 -900mls) exhaust is mis-aligned?

Anyway, once trimmed it seems to be a better fit, it could do with perhaps another 5mm trimming of it but I think it'll be ok.

SW-MOTECH say in the sales blurb that you can change the oil with the bash plate in place. You may be able to get to the sump plug but never would you be able to get to the oil filter. Just something to be aware of....

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Looks good! That's interesting about it touching the front of the exhaust. It's really close on the front and sides of a 2016 but not enough to warrant trimming. Even with the trimming on your bike it looks like it was made to fit. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice job man!

Looks awesome.

Gary

·
Registered
335 Posts
I decided to buy a bash plate to match my engine bars and set about fitting them today.
It should have been no more than a 15 minute job but nothing is ever easy is it.

After fitting it as per the instructions the front of the bash plate was hard up against the left exhaust down pipe and with no adjustment possible I had to trim the bash plate. Perhaps this particular one is a faulty shape or perhaps my bike's (2018 -900mls) exhaust is mis-aligned?

Anyway, once trimmed it seems to be a better fit, it could do with perhaps another 5mm trimming of it but I think it'll be ok.

SW-MOTECH say in the sales blurb that you can change the oil with the bash plate in place. You may be able to get to the sump plug but never would you be able to get to the oil filter. Just something to be aware of....
What aux lights are those? Looks good

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ran into the same problem with my SW-Motech skid plate + full system. But a couple washers solved that problem (no trimming required). It should work the same on yours. But it's odd you're running into this issue with stock exhaust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you remember to attach the plastic strips onto the rear mounting point?
Yes I did. I understand what you mean though :wink2: as the plate would sit further back without them - and rattle like ****!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts