Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know.... I know.... yet another question regarding crash bars. I have SW-motech crash bars on my 2019 DCT AT. I want a black skid plate. Which brands are compatible? I am interested in Altrider, Bumont and OM. I am looking for confirmation that these brands of skid plates work with SW-Motech crash bars. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
SW Motech makes a good skid plate, and you know it would be compatible, so why not go that direction?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SW Motech makes a good skid plate, and you know it would be compatible, so why not go that direction?

I agree and normally I would. However, I really want a black color on my black AT. More importantly I am having a hard time finding one in stock anywhere in US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just be clear. It won’t be the end of my world if I end up with a silver sw-motech on my bike. Just want to see if other riders have mixed brands on their bikes for skid plate and crash bars. Cheers!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just be clear. It won’t be the end of my world if I end up with a silver sw-motech on my bike. Just want to see if other riders have mixed brands on their bikes for skid plate and crash bars. Cheers!

I had decided I wanted a b and b bash plate before I decided on which bars. B and B had sw motech on their website as a compatible crash bar so I went with them. I'm super happy with the combo..... but it's not black. I'd probably contact some of these other companies directly and ask what's compatible.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had decided I wanted a b and b bash plate before I decided on which bars. B and B had sw motech on their website as a compatible crash bar so I went with them. I'm super happy with the combo..... but it's not black. I'd probably contact some of these other companies directly and ask what's compatible.

Thank you for this information! I suppose I could not look down and silver won’t bother me as much!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Just have whatever one you buy, powdered coated black...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I am going to try an outback motortek skid plate II. If I want something more or it does not fit with the crash bars then I will go with sw motech and probably powder coat them as you suggest. I will post a pick when I get it installed. Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts