Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am trying to choose between both of these crash bars. I had SW-Motech on my KLR and the held up to numerous off road crashes but I did have some scuffing on the tank. Still for what I put them through they did great. I have also been looking at the Heed because they are close in price but seem to provide more coverage although I am not sure if the tops would bend in a crash. Any real world experience/advice?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fitted the SWMotech bars.
Beautiful fit and finish.
220 euros approximately
Good logical instructions
Torqueing some of the nuts is awkward.
And most to the point.
They do what they're meant to do.
My 10 cent.
About 3 ,hrs to fit.
Take the brash plate off because a nut or bolt will fall in there.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have SW Motech. Bought them because I'd observed they protected BMW1200GS better than other brands in tip overs and dirt crashes. Dealer installed.
Fit & finish are excellent. good hand grabs for picking up your bike (no damage on a couple of dirt-skill school drops) plus easy mounts for lights if you want to add them.

Only complaint would be the left aluminium heel plate protector - it stands off more than I think is necessary and caught on my Alpinstar Tech-7 boots in dirt skills school. I removed the plate for school then later modified it to fit 1cm tighter to the bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have SW Motech. Bought them because I'd observed they protected BMW1200GS better than other brands in tip overs and dirt crashes. Dealer installed.
Fit & finish are excellent. good hand grabs for picking up your bike (no damage on a couple of dirt-skill school drops) plus easy mounts for lights if you want to add them.

Only complaint would be the left aluminium heel plate protector - it stands off more than I think is necessary and caught on my Alpinstar Tech-7 boots in dirt skills school. I removed the plate for school then later modified it to fit 1cm tighter to the bike.
Actually I think thats a decent bit of gear.
Pity there isnt one on the RHS
Your mod sounds very good also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts