Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am thinking of getting a set of these for my standard 1100. The plan will be to use them with soft luggage, I would like Kriega, but they are very expensive, so currently investigating alternates.

Reviews of the 'pro' rack on the 1000 seem pretty good. Has anyone fitted a set to the 1100? How easy / how long does it take to remove them?

The only thing that bothers me from the pics is the different offset left to right, as the r/h side is moved across to clear the exhaust. Does this bother anyone else?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have their original racks on my 2016. I've had SW Motech racks on three bikes - they're good. You can get adapters for most popular hard case manufacturers. I've also run Mosko Moto and currently Lone Rider soft panniers on them. They're also pretty good to survive falls and tip-overs and act as guards for the rear of the bike (within reason). I think the newer design is a bit lighter, looks like stamped steel instead of tubing, but I'm sure would be equally robust. The offset doesn't bug me and leaves room for tool tubes on the left and right side (if you swap from the OEM exhaust).

Reactions: Herb71

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hiya @Herb71, sorry for the delaying replying didn't see this thread.
I did fit some SW Motech Pro racks to my 1100 last year, I know what you mean about the offset but lets be honest any blooming racks sit so far out its irrelevant. I have attached some pictures and if possible a video so you can make your own mind up.
The good things about them is they are bit really well, easy to fit and super fast to remove when your want the sporty look back.
Hope this helps!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts