Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys- Very new to adv off road riding. My question is this, if you buy a base 2020 AT could you swap the wheels off the sport 2020 model to get tubeless tires?

Now I have read some threads on here re aftermarket conversion to tubeless and aftermarket rims. And I would assume that’s the inexpensive way to go. That’s great but as far as fitment is it an easy swap or am I missing something here? Is the hub different? Are they interchangeable?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im interested in any replies to this as I have recently purchased a 2020 ATAS and have a set of the Rally Raid 19"/17" tubeless wheels which I thought would fit straight on, but apparently dont, but I dont know why.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, an update to above, contacted RR and the reason there is a marker on the RR site regarding fitting to the 2020 ATAS is because they haven't tried it yet, so Im going to provide mine to them to try.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I will not list them here, but I have read a reasonable number of posts around on this very subject. I came to the conclusion it is not possible and potentially intentionally blocked by Honda. I am personally not interested in this mod because I have a 2017 AT and not planning to upgrade at all.

Please do not take my comment as gospel. I am just repeating what I have read and learnt, but without any due diligence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts