Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at fitting a feed to my satnav today . But could not locate any suitable cable to connect a switched live.

Any ideas where I could connect ?

My bike is an ATAS

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do yourself a favor and look at the products offered by

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Honda_CRF1000L/honda_crf1000l.html

You can can start with the power connector to split out the power connector behind the fairing for your satnav.

I have added the PC-8 fuse panel and the brake/taillight adapter(added a brake light flasher unit).
The PC-8 allows switched and live add ons without having to tear the bike apart again once installed.

The instructions and YouTube videos are bullet proof.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I already have the 3 circuit solution I've taken from a previous bike and obviously doesn't come with the connector to the AT, so I would also appreciate where I can find a switched feed, but ideally towards the rear of the bike as I'd like it near the battery.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I already have the 3 circuit solution I've taken from a previous bike and obviously doesn't come with the connector to the AT, so I would also appreciate where I can find a switched feed, but ideally towards the rear of the bike as I'd like it near the battery.

Cabby, do as Cheifkocak suggest, go to Eastern Beaver website and it will explain at least two Places in the seat area you can get switched power. One I think is a 4 pin diagnostics plug and the other under the passenger seat, which is a 6 pin plug, I think is for alarm figment, both have switched power.

I have the Eastern Beaver 3 switched circuit solution and it come with the 6 pin connector, to plug into the one under the passenger seat.

I have a spare 6 pin connector kit from Rugged Roads, Pm me and I can send it to you if you need it. :grin2:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cabby, do as Cheifkocak suggest, go to Eastern Beaver website and it will explain at least two Places in the seat area you can get switched power. One I think is a 4 pin diagnostics plug and the other under the passenger seat, which is a 6 pin plug, I think is for alarm figment, both have switched power.

I have the Eastern Beaver 3 switched circuit solution and it come with the 6 pin connector, to plug into the one under the passenger seat.

I have a spare 6 pin connector kit from Rugged Roads, Pm me and I can send it to you if you need it. :grin2:
Cheers fella, will get to this when my bike arrives, just checking all bases at the moment :grin2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't really fancy stripping half the bike down to find a switched live.
So after much investigation I have managed to wire my satnav with out removing any panels.
As you know the ATAS comes with an accessory socket fitted.
I pulled the rubber off the back of the headlight. This gave me just enough room to get my fingers up under the acc socket and undo the screw thread holding it in the dash. Once undone I could pull the socket up and access the wires.
I stripped and solder spliced in the wires. Black stripe is live. Remember to feed the sat cable up through the screw on ring and the dash hole. Once done the nav cable feeds up around the top of the dash out of sight and out under the plastic behind the cut out in the screen. It looks untouched and works perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you aware that ACC socket has in line 5A fuse hidden under the fairings? This means your load from this socket cannot be more than 60W.

Check how much your sat nav takes because if you exceed that and blow the fuse it would be quite a job to get it replaced.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you aware that ACC socket has in line 5A fuse hidden under the fairings? This means your load from this socket cannot be more than 60W.

Check how much your sat nav takes because if you exceed that and blow the fuse it would be quite a job to get it replaced.
Thanks Radarman. I do remember reading something about that.
Apparently my Tom Tom Rider has a 1.3 amp draw so hopefully won't cause any issues as long I don't plug something else into the socket with a 3+ amp draw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts