Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for crash protection for my 17. Has anyone tried the set from T-Rex Racing? They look to have good coverage including going around the skid plate. Also looking at Heed or Givi. I like the look of the Givi but the Heed seem to really cover the engine cases well.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the Heed bunker bars and are very happy with them. Price was good, quality very good, install a breeze and bike well protected when the inevitable happens. I can't speak for the others but feel sure Heed won't disappoint.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Make that 3 votes for Heed. 2-Piece clam-shell with each one-piece side bolting directly to the frame. Fit perfectly on my ATAS.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. I went with the crash bars and some other items from SRC Moto. I will be uploading pics and videos of the install soon.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have the T-Rex bars on my 17 DCT. I chose them for the additional lower protection and great price. I went with the Stainless and they still look new after 10,000 miles. Also the Givi crash bar bags fit very nicely on them.
Interesting JBS. Is the material actually stainless steel, or it is just a "brushed stainless" anodized look?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts