Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it stems from the design, the access to the shown area could be possible with inner panel (wheel side) of the rear mudguard removed:

The two upper bolts however seem to be connected to free nuts which surely start rotating with the bolts once get loose. On the other hand the nuts are hidden at the top from any wrenches except maybe only custom extra thin and angled:

It would surprise me if that section panel in second picture can't be removed separately from the entire tail, for somehow i don't see a point why to make such a section. Or am i missing something, and it still can be removed without disassembling everything in the rear?

·
Registered
577 Posts
It would surprise me if that section panel in second picture can't be removed separately from the entire tail, for somehow i don't see a point why to make such a section. Or am i missing something, and it still can be removed without disassembling everything in the rear?

No surprise but it's not what you think ...
It's like origami :) You will not get what you want unless you follow specific step-by-step
instructions, most of which is not intuitive.

To get access to the area in the 1st photo,
you need to remove the whole fender, then separate the bottom piece.

Rear Fender removal: as you found out, it is tempting to undo the bolts from the bottom.
But that is not the proper way to remove the fender.

There are two more (hidden) bolts.

You need to remove the brake light first, which exposes the two additional bolts that hold the fender.
Then, the fender and the metal bracket both can be removed.

Brake light.JPG 1587727186627.png

Reactions: Zander
1 - 3 of 3 Posts