Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Wondered if anyone can help with tank bag dilemma.....are there any that are designed for the AT specifically....I looked at the TT one while up at hubb uk meet although it does seem to fit the bike well it's not waterproof and you have to pay For the cover as an extra!!!! And the other downside it has " Touratech" on the side lol lol......I run a handle bar bag at the moment which I like but need something a bit bigger for touring and out on the trails.....would be nice to have a map pocket on top

Cheers :grin2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
The one thing you need to watch out for is the bag width. If the bag is very wide it will interfere with the handlebars turning fully. The tight turn radius on the AT is one of the benefits that you can lose with bags that are too wide. The further forward you mount it the more critical this becomes. So be sure to try it on your bike before you buy one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have a look at this

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/product.php/1380/honda-africa-twintank-bag

I have their product as made under licence for KTM. They are robust and well made. The item I have was for my former KTM 950 SM and with slight modification it actually fits my AT. Another Member did likewise with the same bag.
Do you have a side on pic of that? I have a KTM bag I used on my 990 SMT, but it doesn't sit well on the tank, it wants to sit down on the front of the seat and off the fuel cap entirely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The one thing you need to watch out for is the bag width. If the bag is very wide it will interfere with the handlebars turning fully. The tight turn radius on the AT is one of the benefits that you can lose with bags that are too wide. The further forward you mount it the more critical this becomes. So be sure to try it on your bike before you buy one.
Bought the Givi xs320 tank lock. Excellent bag, 15 ltrs capacity and no fouling bars on full lock. Comes complete with raincover and detachable map holder.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bought the Givi xs320 tank lock. Excellent bag, 15 ltrs capacity and no fouling bars on full lock. Comes complete with raincover and detachable map holder.
Thanks for clarifying the tank lock clearance, that's the info I was waiting for.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I went to Dennis Kirk here in MN the other day and tried a dozen or so tank bags. I did not want to go over $150 and really had trouble finding something I liked, fit well, and would not hinder any kind of riding. I had to settle with a gears tank bag. Not the greatest at all but good features and it was cheap! I have a nice tank bag for my Bandit 1250 but it just does not fit.

https://www.denniskirk.com/gears/i-wire-magnetic-mount-tank-bag-100174-1.p507031.prd/507031.sku

·
Registered
38 Posts
GIVI XS320 with tank lock.

I am very happy with it, good fit, no interference with the bars.

Thumbs up on it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts