Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to add a tank bag and leaning toward the Mosko Moto Hood on a 2021 ATAS ES.

Couple of questions....

I have the Swegotech Forkshield installed. How much if any does the Swegotech inhibit or bind with the Hood's front straps?

Do the lower straps or snaps get in the way of your knees or legs?

Do the straps rub the paint on the bike and dull or scratch the paint? If so, anybody use protective wrap or plastic type stick on protection to protect the paint?

Thank you in advance for replies!

·
Administrator
3,676 Posts
I am not familiar with mounting the hood. I have the Mosko Moto Nomax and have no issues mounting that with the Swegotech. But the Hood seems to be a bit different as far as mounting. Hopefully, someone has one that can help you out better with the Hood specifically.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm using another brand with similar mounting. I plan to add some clear film to protect the tank in the center and the tank pads should help on the sides.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
I love SW Motech gear. I have the powered mounting ring with my tank bag and it fits great. Clicks on and off and you only see the ring when the bag is off. I have a dual usb charger inside the bag to charge stuff while riding. If you do get the powered ring be careful to always remove the bag when done riding or wire it into an ignition controlled circuit. I had a dead battery once when I forgot to take it off.
Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Tire Motorcycle
Helmet Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
73 Posts
Donald, after reading your post I went to SW-MOTECH to look for the powered ring adaptor and cannot ring it on the site. Is it made by SW ?
please could you post a link.

thanks
Heli

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
You need two different parts for your bike, the model specific ring and the powered adapter. Here is the link to the ring (I think):
And here is the link to the powered thingy:
Then you can use any Evo tank bag. I have the City:
It does touch the handlebars at full lock, sometimes it will skip ahead a song. All in all kinda pricy but it’s built to last.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Hey OP..

I've been running the hood for a bit now and like it a lot. Especially if you want to carry a camera.

A few key points: No issue mounting with a fork shield on my 18' ATAS. No issue what so ever with the straps or buckles interfering when riding (seated or standing). However, like any tank bag, you will notice it if you're ridding aggressively while standing. I am 6'1ish with my boots on and it my crotch hits right on the top side of the bag. It hasn't been a pain, but for more aggressive, or rides without a camera, I plan on getting the Pico.

Now to address if it scratches or dulls paint... well, in short, Yes. I feel like with any tank bag that is inevitable. Dulling seems unlikely though. They did a great job with adding adjustable 1/2" foam pads on the underside of the bag (I left both pads on when installing on my bike). Before installation, I did a thorough clean of the tank but did not add any protective layer. There are a few hair scratches on my tank, but I cant say for sure if they're from the tank bag or my pants... I would go with riding pants though. Every now and again, I do take the bag off and wipe the bike down. Also when storing the bike for a long time, I do like to just unbuckle the straps.

Overall on the build of the bag I'm impressed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
@wcolef Thanks for the pics of the bag on the bike. I am looking for a small tank bag and the Hood looked like it may work for me. When I see the pics, it looks like I will just be hitting or rubbing it in so many situations that it would just get annoying. That one can now come off my list.

PS. Your bike looks fabulous!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
@wcolef Thanks for the pics of the bag on the bike. I am looking for a small tank bag and the Hood looked like it may work for me. When I see the pics, it looks like I will just be hitting or rubbing it in so many situations that it would just get annoying. That one can now come off my list.

PS. Your bike looks fabulous!
Thank you for the bike compliment!

Yes.. it rubs and gets in the way when standing for sure.. I just saw your post about the Pico and was getting ready to reply.. I own both and run the pico when not carrying camera gear. A million times better when standing..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is a picture with the Nano. Just big enough for ear plugs, glasses, chain lube and registration documents and a phone holder on top. I think perfect size since anything bigger I think will get in the way of standing and also be a bigger pain when fueling up.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
95 Posts
Here is a picture with the Nano. Just big enough for ear plugs, glasses, chain lube and registration documents and a phone holder on top. I think perfect size since anything bigger I think will get in the way of standing and also be a bigger pain when fueling up.
View attachment 71277
What is the Nano? That is a nice small bag. I am looking for something that small. It looks like it says Mosko on the side. Mosko has no such model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry mental slip..its the PICO...small and nice and you can get the phone holder for the top of it. I never use a bar mounted phone holder since it destroyed the camera on my last two Iphones.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great info as always on this site.
when looking at the pics, it looks like it rests on the back of the tank. Wouldn’t a tank bag which sits on the fuel ring be better ?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,689 Posts
Here is a fuel ring example using the Kappa RA320IG (Givi compatible) tank bag:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks like a great bag at a reasonable price. For me, it is still too big. I just want 1 litre of space. Let me throw in my phone, a cleaning rag, my glasses and maybe a cookie. Done. I must say that Mosko has done a great job arranging shipping to Canada. The price you pay is the all in (with duties & shipping) price (excl tax). I really appreciate that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts