Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
The bag's blurb claims an anti scratch protective what-not. I have had magnetic bags before and didn't suffer from scratches, but, I have seen other bikes that have.

I'll be paying close attention to see if the mags have picked up any debris before I put it on each time but I think only time will tell on this.
Although I'm not a fan of tank bags, the trick I've see, is to lay down/stick some Clear Contact on the tank first :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Givi XS320 made only for the AT and one other bike(Kawasaki). 15 litre capacity, expandable, excellent bag but beware if you have DCT, full offside lock (right) when parking puts the bike into D mode!! If your pulling back as well the throttle may well open a bit. Has caught me out twice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our CL-1045 Adventure tank bag works great with the Africa Twin. Here are some photos and a video showing how it mounts. MSRP $89.95

• CL-1045 V-shaped base to accommodate off-road, dual-sport and adventure motorcycles such as KLR 650’s, BMW GS, Africa Twin, or Tiger
  • New self-adjusting hooks attach to bag with soft ties connecting to your motorcycle
  • Made from top quality UV treated Tri-Max ballistic nylon
  • Convenient side pockets to hold smaller items for easy access
  • Bag maintains shape, has reflective piping and a lined interior
  • Reverse coil zippers keep help keep out dust and dirt, keeping zippers working smoothly
  • Adjustable shoulder/tether strap
  • Protective base material prevents slipping or marking
  • Integrated GPS/Smart phone pouch under map pocket
  • Clear map pocket is touch screen device friendly
  • Fully expandable when more room is needed
  • Includes our exclusive Lifetime warranty and waterproof rain cover
  • Main compartment measures: 12”L x 7”W x 9”H Standard
  • 12”L x 7”W x 12”H Expanded
  • Holds 12.39 Liters / 16.52 Liters expanded
Please let us know if you have any questions.
I've found that the rear straps are far too short. I used the bag on my KLR650, and enjoyed it. However, the straps that worked for the KLR are several inches too short for the Africa Twin. Have they been extended recently?

FWIW, I have fabricated straps so that I can continue to use the CL-1045.

Now my only problem is on full handlebar lock, the horn beeps. :-/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dave, PM us your address, we would be happy to send you some longer straps free of charge.

I've found that the rear straps are far too short. I used the bag on my KLR650, and enjoyed it. However, the straps that worked for the KLR are several inches too short for the Africa Twin. Have they been extended recently?

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have the Givi XS320 and couldn't be more happy with it. Even without the rain cover my stuff has stayed dry in pretty bad showers.

I like the fact that I don't have to have any tie downs. It's a little annoying having to buy a tank ring adapter but it is a one time thing. If you can live with the fact you will have a little flange around your tank cap, I think it's the way to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just mounted a Mosko Moto Nomad to my AT. Looks good! Fits nicely! I had my old Wolfman Enduro bag on before that. It is also a good fit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
+1 for the new Mosko Moto tank bag. Great design and manufacturing, and it includes a hydration bladder, so I can ditch my camelback. Thoroughly recommend the Mosko tank bag.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been using the Giant Loop Fandango Pro which has worked out really well. It's a sturdy bag and looks great on the bike.

It doesn't interfere with the handlebars going to full lock, but can hit the horn button if you crank the bars hard to the left.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Honda OEM Tank Bag (small)

Not a big fan of tank bags but needed something handy like many people for small items, wallets etc. Really like the look of the Givi XS320 and the SW-Motech range but they would be wasted on me. I was about to buy the small handlebar bag from the guys at Rugged Roads before I spotted the OEM Honda bag for the AT on the site as well. A little dear for the size it but a nice compact bag with a decent fitting system. It has very short front straps which attach to clips attached to the front plastic shield and magnet flaps at the back. The clips are designed to stay in place on their straps so you can easily clip/unclip the bag on the bike.

It only looks to be 2-3 ltrs in size, you could probably get 35mm camera and a spare lens in but I am sure there are better bags out there with more protection for that sort of thing. Good for wallets, go pro bits, bits and bobs, spare gloves and the like. It has a top phone holder which is large enough for the biggest smartphone, a small external compartment handy for change and a power cable entry at the front. It has a rain cover which is see through at the top so your phone is not obscured. It comes with two protective sheets for the tank as well. So if you want a small bag and don't mind paying a little premium for the Honda brand this is a nice one to have. (that's a 1ltr bottle)

Attachments

Reactions: geirvmax

·
Registered
479 Posts
plus some pics on the bike.

Attachments

Reactions: Harry_

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nice, I haven't seen that in the US. Where did you buy it from?
www.ruggedroads.co.uk They have a few options, the Givi one is much cheaper but I liked the look of the Honda bag. The Honda part number is 08L77-MJP-G51. You get a piece of paper pointing you to the Honda site for fitment documentation like all of their other accessories. You have to chosse 2017 model to get the doc for this. While there I noticed new optional wide footpegs which a lot of people like.

Reactions: Drum Dog

·
Registered
155 Posts
www.ruggedroads.co.uk They have a few options, the Givi one is much cheaper but I liked the look of the Honda bag. The Honda part number is 08L77-MJP-G51. You get a piece of paper pointing you to the Honda site for fitment documentation like all of their other accessories. You have to chosse 2017 model to get the doc for this. While there I noticed new optional wide footpegs which a lot of people like.
thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Givi XS320 made only for the AT and one other bike(Kawasaki). 15 litre capacity, expandable, excellent bag but beware if you have DCT, full offside lock (right) when parking puts the bike into D mode!! If your pulling back as well the throttle may well open a bit. Has caught me out twice.
Do you have bar risers? I've read the risers will hit the red locking release?

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have the Givi XS320 and couldn't be more happy with it. Even without the rain cover my stuff has stayed dry in pretty bad showers.

I like the fact that I don't have to have any tie downs. It's a little annoying having to buy a tank ring adapter but it is a one time thing. If you can live with the fact you will have a little flange around your tank cap, I think it's the way to go.
Do you have bar risers? I've read the risers will hit the red locking release?

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Givi Extreme 15 ltr - made for the AT so it fits well and there is no problem with turning etc. The bag is extremely well made, comes with a wet cover and there is lots of room for 'stuff' to fit nicely. A great bag. It fits easily onto the tank with a quick release ring making it very practical and not need to run ties to make it stay on.

Reactions: Geeko

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got the Givi XS320 and wondered why they put a front tie down strap on it. I don't even think it is long enough to go around the steering stem. Any thoughts about just cutting it off? Seems to defeat the quick release feature of tanklock. Thanks,

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got the Givi XS320 and wondered why they put a front tie down strap on it. I don't even think it is long enough to go around the steering stem. Any thoughts about just cutting it off? Seems to defeat the quick release feature of tanklock. Thanks,
The strap is just long enough to fit around the steering stem, but what a pain. What I do is just wrap it around the handlebar clamps. Easy to do and gives you a little peace of mind that it won't go flying off if the tanklock fails. Also, it just flips up and lays above the handlebars when you gas up. No need to unhook the strap.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts