Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Givi XS320 Xstream Expandable Tank Bag .. i have just returned from being in Europe for 9 weeks and picked this up before i went . Never had a tankbag before thought it was massive to start with but its absolutely perfect and is expandable. The tanklock is grt makes it a 2 sec job at the petrol station. Nice clear top as well which is great for ferry tickets and routes

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Yeah - the Honda one is too small. marks the tank and the clear bit is too small for a big phone. And the plastic fixing clips are fiddlier than they should be (and it's £90 !!!)
Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
There Give XS320 is a great bag, and it specifically to the AT. There quick lock ring is a wonderful way to mount and it is solid. Although they don't really show any other bags for the AT, I also purchased a GIVI ST602 (smaller bag). The reason they don't show this bag a fitting the AT is because the indexing is wrong. I removed the tank ring from the bottom of the bag, aligned up the indexing for the AT and drilled 4 new holes. Now I have two bags with the quick lock system, a large one and a small one... Here is a link to the smaller 602 bag...
http://giviusa.com/givi-products/soft-luggage/tanklock-system/st602-tanklock-tank-bag-detail

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought a Mosko Moto Nomad because I wanted the water bladder. It's a small bag but it has a lot of pockets to organize stuff. Not for bulky items like a DSLR camera. And expensive. Works well for me, though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
no problem seeing any instruments. The only downside for me is that it's in the way if you try to stand. Definitely wouldn't use off road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a mosko moto nomad. Fits AT well, lots of compartments to organize your stuff (much better than my last magnetic bag with one large compartment that everything got jumbled together). I am still experimenting with where I want individual items (but that is a personal thing). The included water badder is a bonus, if you dont want to drink while riding it still provides convenient water storage. Overall I like it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any suggestions? Looking at Givi I like the tank lock feature. Thanks
I love the Bagster range and there is one bag which fits the AT. The benefit is the colour coded harness which protects the tank. They are beautifully made. The bag is expandable and has several pockets although I'd like the clear map section to be a but wider personally. Comes with straps to turn into a rucksack when not using. I've used their system.on several other bikes. I have the harness and bag on a CBR100 some new in 1990 and the tank is unmarked. I'd highly recommend them if cost isn't the first issue...

Stuart

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've used the Bagster for 4000 miles on my AT very happily. There's no locking security but i use a steel cable combination lock that locks helmet too and put it through a strap and fixing, 2 places.Yes someone could cut strap on bag, but I guess if they want it they want it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here is a few pics of the small Givi bag on the bike. Just had to reindex the mounting ring on the bag... I like the option of having a big and small bag, and the mounting ring is perfect...

Charris, I think the ST602 is perfect for me. I can't figger out if I need to order a tank ring for the AT. Do I just order the Givi bag, then make the cuts in ring to make it fit AT?

Thanks for any help!!

bill

·
Registered
445 Posts
Charris, I think the ST602 is perfect for me. I can't figger out if I need to order a tank ring for the AT. Do I just order the Givi bag, then make the cuts in ring to make it fit AT?

Thanks for any help!!

bill
You need to order both: ST602 bag AND the tank ring, which is specific for the Africa Twin (item code BF25).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts