Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank decals arrived several weeks ago from ResinBike out of Italy. They took nearly a month to get here but well worth the wait. Appear well made, very nice quality product, and the application process looks fairly straight forward.

It’s been too cold to apply them and from what I’ve read of others applying decals here on the boards, these might be a bit different too. There is no typical backing, per se, just the sheets they come on, i.e., the decals peel off the main sheet and you apply (don’t have to carefully remove any other backing).

The Honda logo letters are five single pieces but the white strip that goes above the logo has notching and will act as a guide for alignment.

I’ve taken some pictures with the decals temporarily applied (on the backing sheet still, cut carefully to the edge) with simple transparent tape (you might notice it in some pics) – just to get an idea of what it might look like when I do finally apply.

I think my “Honda” lettering is a bit high in this test application (a bit too close to the red strip above it) because I don't appear to have left enough room for the white strip (which I didn’t bother applying in this test).

And I took some pictures with just the Honda logo alone, to see what that might look like. And I mocked up a picture with a bit bigger Honda logo alone too, to see what that might look like.

Overall, I like the look but I can’t say I am unhappy without it either. I’ll probably end up applying in the Spring.

As for color matching: it’s just a bit off with the red, but not so much you notice it in real life. And the blue matches well.

In the pictures, it appears the red strip is off by just a bit—doesn’t line up perfectly with the tank’s red stripe, but I didn’t notice it in real life, so I’ll have to be careful and get it all lined up well when I apply for good.

Anyway, just thought I’d share what it looks like and what it might look like with just the Honda logo in case anyone is interested in getting a set for their ATAS.

All the best, Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting thought, Petros.

So I took some pictures to see what it would look like without the logo.

I think I like it with the logo, myself.

And I took a few more pictures with the logo (better placed) where it will actually go in the end. (It was off in the last pictures). I didn't tape the white strip on the tank, but I did use it to line up the logo.

And I've added a picture of one half of the set, just so one can see what it comes with.

Best, Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for the photos Gary. Yeap, personally I certainly prefer it without the Honda logo.

If the colors would match, I would definitely buy a set. But even this slight color mismatch seems too obvious to me, so, sadly, i will have to skip it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the photos Gary. Yeap, personally I certainly prefer it without the Honda logo.

If the colors would match, I would definitely buy a set. But even this slight color mismatch seems too obvious to me, so, sadly, i will have to skip it.

Yeah, I don't blame you...

But this pics are taken at night, with bright lights on bike.

The color difference isn't really all that noticeable in real life. It's a pretty cool setup.

Reactions: Petros Galiatsis
1 - 7 of 7 Posts