Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How accurate is your dash temperature readout? Mh DCT has consistently been about 8 degrees F too high since I brought it home from the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Waiting on my service manual to verify through the wiring diagram that the gauge is using ECU sensor feed data and that it may also be impacting gas mileage. I'm still in the break in period but only getting about 39 MPG on average following typical break in procedures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is also about 8 degrees too warm.....we laugh about it being caused either by global warming or the bikes being built in a nuclear fallout zone.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine is over optimistic on the temperature also. I guess it is to try and persuade the rider that they don't need the heated grips on and so they don't find out how rubbish they are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're right! Just happened to get the shop manual today. The bad news is I didn't order the magnifying glass needed to read it! The good news is right off the side on it's own in the wiring diagram is an open air sensor going straight to the dash meter with no connection to the PCM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same as the speedometer, the thermo is also optimistic in my AT, indicating on average 3°C more than real T. I had an F700GS before and I must say all the instruments were way more precise on the BMW

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone tried to move the temp sensor? I would like to see a picture of it and a diagram. Maybe relocating it may help if it's reading outside heat from the engine? Mine is higher by 5-7 degrees F most of the time. It's a small nitpick, but I'd like to make it correct. I'd like to know if it is an RTD or Thermocouple?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts