Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice video. I just ordered a full Termignoni system yesterday.
I hope to only have the stock exhaust on the bike for the ride home from the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definitely looking to order the headers but first trying to find out if the Termi will fit in with the B&B Bash Plate or if I need to start again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Definitely looking to order the headers but first trying to find out if the Termi will fit in with the B&B Bash Plate or if I need to start again.
I should be able to tell you when i get mine. I have a B&B Safari plate to go on my bike. Since the Termi headers follow the factory path i cant see there being much issue.

·
Registered
884 Posts
It sounds good. It's pretty loud. Do you think it is measurably better than the stock system? IMHO, the stock exhaust sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To me, getting a different exhaust would be about the weight saving and the looks. The stock pipe sounds good, without being too loud. Now if there was one that made it sound noticeably deeper I'd be tempted...

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
For me it would be all about a weight savings and if possible a closer fit to the bike so the panniers are a bit narrower. Has any body measured the weight of the stock slip on muffler? Any weight figure on the aftermarket mufflers? Any brand /weight is more info to chew on. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An important note which you'll see if you watch the video again, is that the Termi system is surprisingly quiet when not accelerating much. At constant speed and even engine braking, I would go as far to say that it is as quiet as stock. But, when you accellerate... WHOA! YEEEHAW!!! And this is the perfect combination for avoiding police tickets and nuisance issues whilst being able to enjoy the sound without removing a baffle roadside.

I wouldn't like to be your neighbour!! Or on your daily route!
Don't worry, I'm in Italy and far away from you!

It sounds good. It's pretty loud. Do you think it is measurably better than the stock system? IMHO, the stock exhaust sounds pretty good.
Depends what scale you want to measure with. I don't feel any power difference, and I think anybody who says they do is lying. I've been driving pretty much every day for 7 years on different bikes, and the only time I ever feel a difference in a bike is when new tyres or brake pads are put on. The guy who tells you he can feel a torque or 5bhp difference is talking rubbish..

It is for sure much lighter than the stock, and I think it looks WAY better.

For the record, the stock sounds better in the video than in real life. Also, when you're sat on the bike you hear barely anything from the stock muffler which I find boring. In these videos the camera was usually behind the bike so you don't hear this discrepancy.

To me, getting a different exhaust would be about the weight saving and the looks. The stock pipe sounds good, without being too loud. Now if there was one that made it sound noticeably deeper I'd be tempted...
I think it does make it deeper. It goes from a futfutfutfutfutfutfut to a thumthumthumthumthumthum.

It's people like you that make the internet the great thing it is.

Thanks for using a real mic!
Means a lot bro, thanks. It's gracious people like you why I took the time to do this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts