Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Not the best news i just got from my Honda dealer, my tft screen become irresponsive to touch and the solution will be replacing it. has this happen to anyone?
I dont see anything out of the ordinary with the screen it self and it works fine with the button cluster, very strange behaviour.

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
426 Posts
The touch of a screen is a second layer which is glued on the tft display. It cloud be a connetor inside the MID but I think it is not allowed for dealer to open it also it will cost more time then a replacing. Is there no scratch on the screen? There is also a screen protector( like on your phone) on the display if you remove that then you can try or it is still not working. May be the dealer push to hard with adding the screen protector.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The touch of a screen is a second layer which is glued on the tft display. It cloud be a connetor inside the MID but I think it is not allowed for dealer to open it also it will cost more time then a replacing. Is there no scratch on the screen? There is also a screen protector( like on your phone) on the display if you remove that then you can try or it is still not working. May be the dealer push to hard with adding the screen protector.
The screen is flawless, and still have that protective screen, but is completely unresponsive, not even possible to calibrate, the dealer prepared immediately the warranty claim, it's just annoying being a brand new bike, and i assume i'm picky with my toys (car and bike, nothing but the best care for both).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello everyone!

Not the best news i just got from my Honda dealer, my tft screen become irresponsive to touch and the solution will be replacing it. has this happen to anyone?
I dont see anything out of the ordinary with the screen it self and it works fine with the button cluster, very strange behaviour.
Did the motorcycle operate otherwise? Could it still be ridden?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope so. That would be a dawg's breakfast otherwise.

Doesn't the smaller monochrome LCD module show some minimal operational readings?
Hi Both, the screen it self has no issues, all worked well, it's the touch response that failed, but every function was accessible by the button cluster.
Currently waiting for feedback from the dealer to change the full screen module.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Did the motorcycle operate otherwise? Could it still be ridden?
When my bike faulted and the screen was totally blank for two restart cycles the bike started and worked fine. Not sure if it is true, but the Japanese tech my dealer was dealing with claimed that Honda designed the electronics package as an addition to a motorcycle, not the motorcycle itself so that in the case of faults in auxiliary systems, the bike can still run and ride.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
Mine started doing this just yesterday. I came here from a suggestion on ADV. I pulled the fuse tonight for the MID/Meter to see if it resets overnight, although I doubt that will do anything. Has your dealer given you an idea of the availability on the replacement?

·
Super Moderator
9,628 Posts
Mine started doing this just yesterday. I came here from a suggestion on ADV. I pulled the fuse tonight for the MID/Meter to see if it resets overnight, although I doubt that will do anything. Has your dealer given you an idea of the availability on the replacement?
Hey @Myers79, welcome to the Forum.

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Myers, still waiting for feedback from the dealer, they told me that all the module has to be changed, so i'm expecting it to take longer than a normal intervention.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
Dropped off the bike today for the fuel tank recall and the TFT problem. And without fail, the touchscreen stared working normally once it got to the dealer. Hopefully it messes up on them while it’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,628 Posts
Dropped off the bike today for the fuel tank recall and the TFT problem. And without fail, the touchscreen stared working normally once it got to the dealer. Hopefully it messes up on them while it’s there.
" ... tah-nk problem, wha tah-nk problem? We ain't find no weld seam flakin'. So-kay, we gotz Hershel over there to do yer war-auntie ree-call. Hershel's great. This is his sec-ond day workin' on motor-cycles. He's promising. Look, he's already poundin' the T-F-T thang - he'll find yer problem for sure .... "

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
My dealer got the okay from Honda to replace the TFT, and they’re also doing the fuel tank recall thing. Unfortunately looks like the TFT is not available or backordered with no definite ETA. shrug

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My dealer got the okay from Honda to replace the TFT, and they’re also doing the fuel tank recall thing. Unfortunately looks like the TFT is not available or backordered with no definite ETA. shrug

I got the same answer from my dealer, no ETA for the screen

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
It will be four weeks tomorrow. However the owner of the dealership called today to say he’s got shipping confirmation and that it left the east coast and will be here Tuesday/Wednesday.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts