Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
Got her back today with the new TFT and the recall performed. All back to normal. Side note about the “tone” I mentioned. It was the sound it makes when you try to touch the screen while riding. It would do this randomly prior to the new screen. Proves more about the touch sensitive components failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
Mine got replaced yesterday, and it feels faster than before. it can be just an illusion, what do you think of yours?
The bike seems faster, but that’s probably because I was driving my Prius for 5 weeks. Lol. Screen seems the same loading speed to me, but it working great.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS Manual
37 Posts
Hi all. I have the same issue. I took the bike to the dealer for the tank recall and to look at the TFT issue.
The dealer said they’d seen it on one bike before, they replaced the display but that didn’t rectify it. They said they called Honda who are aware of the issue, but don’t have any solution as yet.
Software updated but this didn’t fix it.
Just waiting for the dealer to come back to me with a plan of action. Otherwise, the bike’s absolutely fine.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
Hi all. I have the same issue. I took the bike to the dealer for the tank recall and to look at the TFT issue.
The dealer said they’d seen it on one bike before, they replaced the display but that didn’t rectify it. They said they called Honda who are aware of the issue, but don’t have any solution as yet.
Software updated but this didn’t fix it.
Just waiting for the dealer to come back to me with a plan of action. Otherwise, the bike’s absolutely fine.
Mine has been perfect since the replacement. Do you happen to get the error tone over your comm randomly while riding?

·
Registered
2020 ATAS Manual
37 Posts
Mine has been perfect since the replacement. Do you happen to get the error tone over your comm randomly while riding?

Sounds like I need to pressure the dealer to try a replacement screen.
I’ve never connected Bluetooth to the bike, so afraid I can’t comment on that. I’ll give it a try though next time I’m out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rode my brand new bike today after it was delivered last week Wednesday. Check engine light came on after 250 metres, multi-function screen does not work, and something is not burning correctly! That's more than exhaust fumes. WTF!! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 ATAS Manual
37 Posts
Rode my brand new bike today after it was delivered last week Wednesday. Check engine light came on after 250 metres, multi-function screen does not work, and something is not burning correctly! That's more than exhaust fumes. WTF!! Any suggestions?
Sounds like a bad first encounter. Straight back to the dealer with it! A shame that this is how your experience starts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
... or any of the two terminals.
The unfortunate thing is the first brand new vehicle I've bought - ever. All bikes and cars have been used. I can stomach this experience with a used vehicle, but new is a different feeling. Let's see what they when they "fix" this issues. They will be picking up the bike in their trailer and looking into the issues.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
The interesting thing about a used vehicle is it can be a lemon, abused, or everything that could go wrong with it already has. In the latter case, you get an understandable baseline of the vehicle's behaviour and if it is something you can comfortably live with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The interesting thing about a used vehicle is it can be a lemon, abused, or everything that could go wrong with it already has. In the latter case, you get an understandable baseline of the vehicle's behaviour and if it is something you can comfortably live with.
Ain't that the truth. Patiently waiting to see what kind of service I will get and if the issues will be fixed, but this is friggin ridiculous.

·
Registered
2020 ATAS DCT
12 Posts
The unfortunate thing is the first brand new vehicle I've bought - ever. All bikes and cars have been used. I can stomach this experience with a used vehicle, but new is a different feeling. Let's see what they when they "fix" this issues. They will be picking up the bike in their trailer and looking into the issues.
Let’s hope it was a simple screw up by whomever did the prep. Loose battery terms or something else that needed to get plugged in on final assembly at the dealer. Still not acceptable for them to release it to you like that, but that’s where my two cents lay. Factory QC is pretty **** good to miss something like this. Was this bike delivered to your home or did they ride it there?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let’s hope it was a simple screw up by whomever did the prep. Loose battery terms or something else that needed to get plugged in on final assembly at the dealer. Still not acceptable for them to release it to you like that, but that’s where my two cents lay. Factory QC is pretty **** good to miss something like this. Was this bike delivered to your home or did they ride it there?

Delivered to the house in the back of an enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm curious about the smell... do you think it is being produced by the exhaust or could it just be the break in smell (most new bikes have an odour as the first few hot rides burn off factory grease and debris)?

21 - 40 of 83 Posts