Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

Administrator
Ah, the Bath House in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. By day, it's fairly normal looking sign, but at night it becomes a giant neon p3nis.
It doesn't really look all that "normal" in the daytime either lol.

Cool old building from the outside, not sure about the interior :)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Keeping鈥檈m Moderatorated
Discussion Starter · #83 ·

Lol that wide angle lens makes it look like a Dr.Seuss house..

Administrator
Yeah, always wonder that when I drive by. Haven't been brave enough to see inside either.
There is a steam bath on Colfax in Denver that is somewhat similar. Not nearly as old or as cool of a building. I have no idea what the inside of that looks like either. :)

The Crescent Hotel was really cool inside though. We stayed at the All Seasons Inn. Cute place and served a really good breakfast in the AM.

Registered
There is a steam bath on Colfax in Denver that is somewhat similar. Not nearly as old or as cool of a building. I have no idea what the inside of that looks like either. :)

The Crescent Hotel was really cool inside though. We stayed at the All Seasons Inn. Cute place and served a really good breakfast in the AM.
The Crescent used to have good food in their dining room (haven't been in years). Has that old time fancy look to it where you would have been high society in the late 1800's to early 1900's to eat there.

Super Moderator
I swear many photos here have been posted throughout the Forum more than a couple of times. :rolleyes:

Keeping鈥檈m Moderatorated
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
Thanks to my Twin... I鈥檓 @ work.. A nice relaxing day..

As of now no trucks to unload...

plenty of spaces to put coils in..

OK it鈥檚 NOT 鈥渕emorable 鈥 my AT takes me to work a LOT,

But there you go DT, different unposted pics 馃槤
Yea, they鈥檙e NOT scenic either..

Super Moderator
Would have been extra bonus cool if the AT was in the industrial mix (no photo-shopping). :cool:

Once upon a time I worked in a factory just outside of Toronto, Ontario that were end users of rolled steel. I can't seem to determine the gauge of your specimens, but ours was thin enough to stamp out steel shed parts. It was a wicked process where one could easily lose a finger with the moving stock. (ouch just reflecting on it)

Keeping鈥檈m Moderatorated
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Would have been extra bonus cool if the AT was in the industrial mix (no photo-shopping). :cool:

Once upon a time I worked in a factory just outside of Toronto, Ontario that were end users of rolled steel. I can't seem to determine the gauge of your specimens, but ours was thin enough to stamp out steel shed parts. It was a wicked process where one could easily lose a finger with the moving stock. (ouch just reflecting on it)
We process from ..055 to .280 up to 80鈥 wide.
On a machine like I normally work on, quite a few years back at a competitor鈥檚. A guy went to brush the moving steel off with his glove on. It snagged the glove pulled him in, his body was about a 1/4鈥 thick and about 8ft long with the vast majority of him pushed out with his boots as they blew off ..
Tons of pressure coupled with 20,000 horsepower is something that demands your respect...
I鈥檓 currently in a crane ( one of my other jobs here ).
And in the 1st pic you can see the hook used for lifting coils. That by itself weighs 7,000# so about 3x the weight of a car.

Reactions: TwinWrangler

Administrator
On a machine like I normally work on, quite a few years back at a competitor鈥檚. A guy went to brush the moving steel off with his glove on. It snagged the glove pulled him in, his body was about a 1/4鈥 thick and about 8ft long with the vast majority of him pushed out with his boots as they blew off ..
Tons of pressure coupled with 20,000 horsepower is something that demands your respect...
And in the 1st pic you can see the hook used for lifting coils. That by itself weighs 7,000# so about 3x the weight of a car.
Well, seeing a human turned into a Fruit Roll-up is something I hope to never witness :(

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Keeping鈥檈m Moderatorated
Discussion Starter · #98 ·

Super Moderator
Ohhh, yuck. Yeah, I believe it. And those coils, yep - them heavy. I've seen forklifts tip because they under-estimated them.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts