Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,774 Posts
Ha no. Probably someones lovely old grandma :)

Apparently, the place was founded in 1931 and the founder spelled it Ho-Made in order to fit into the small sign and the current connotation of "ho" came at a later date. But it is now part of history :)
That was interesting.

·
Administrator
3,002 Posts
Gotta really like the old, rusty-like towns. Glad to see it hasn't gone totally ghost.
Victor has struggled more so than Cripple Creek. Cripple Creek has limited stakes gambling which draws tourism. Victor, I think it's biggest draw may be as a bedroom community to Cripple Creek.

Victor has its an old mining town charm though and and some nice roads to and from.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·

·
Registered
210 Posts
Generally, I would blow right past these drifts because there is no room to park the vehicle without taking up the road. Today was different. I also rode down to a reservoir that I had no plans on going to. I found a Buck Knife in the middle of the trail. Nice little adventure today. Thanks Honda!

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,002 Posts
Generally, I would blow right past these drifts because there is no room to park the vehicle without taking up the road. Today was different. I also rode down to a reservoir that I had no plans on going to. I found a Buck Knife in the middle of the trail. Nice little adventure today. Thanks Honda!
Where is that? Trailridge Road definitely gets some big ones like that. This is one of my friends Katie...

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
It's a county road, Hwy 71 near High Savery Reservoir. Kick a$$ road because nobody drives it. My speedometer goes as high as 108MPH, I learned that today too.
Mind you, not that I’ve done this on a public road but mine has said 115 (113 GPS)

101 - 120 of 129 Posts