Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did not notice this finish until a couple of days after I owned the bike. At first glance I thought it had something on it. Once I figured out that it was supposed to be there I liked it. Just another nuance most people wont notice. I think it is a nice touch.

Your clean gloss black looks good too! To each his/her own. Nice work!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ping the badge off (surprisingly easy, didn't even need to re-tape them) and rub down the area. Plastic primer, primer and then a few coats of gloss and lacquer. Simples.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yea I kinda didn't like that finish but I don't think I would go with gloss black either, maybe flat black.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I kinda didn't like that finish but I don't think I would go with gloss black either, maybe flat black.
Flat black is too easily marked/scratched/chipped....which is why most plastics like this aren't done with a painted finish.
I almost went white, but chickened out even tho' there was a very good match available.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I believe the design is part of an African map...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh lord, now we have a mystery/conspiracy to solve. This could be bigger than Pokemon Go! I'll kick in a bucket of snow to whoever solves this mystery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried to buff it out...then realized that was a bad strategy. Like the gloss black. Very good.

I can contribute some Pacific Northwest rainwater as part of the reward for the conspiracy solution.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mystery solved boys!

I just got off of the phone with the Chairman of Honda Motors Corp. Didn't understand a damm thing he said, I don't speak Japanese. However I Googled the design and it is a map to the lost diamond mines of King Solomon.

As our great President says, this might be fake news.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Maybe its the mirror image ???? Now you got me going as well :( and ok I'll through in a bucket of Genuine Outback Australian Bull-dust, maybe that's all it is Bull-dust! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts