Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

The adventure bike shop

7K views 53 replies 8 participants last post by  ViperTech18 
#1 ·
Anyone in the US ordered from the adventure bike shop located in Europe?

Thinking I'd like to get their plug and play wire harness. I've used their contact us page but no response yet. Don't know how things are going there or if server issues blocking contact. Just wondering if anyone here(from the US) has dealt with them.

#3 ·
I'll probably take a chance and order that harness. It's the only one I've seen specifically mention that it activates the cluster fog lamp indicator.

I'm debating between some no name lights, cyclops Pegasus or Denali S4.

#4 ·
I placed the order, I'll update when/if it arrives.

I want to get the PC 3/8(one of them). But I also want extra connectors. I'm going to wait for this harness to see what it's quality is like. If I don't like it, I'll replicate it to suit my needs.

#7 ·
Hola CR,

I'm running the PC-8 with enough connections to saturate a PC-3: Battery Tender, USB charger, Denali lights, Denali trigger, and gear heater circuit. I like it. It's easy to use and it was easy to install. I would also consider the PDM60 power manager that someone here (Cuch maybe?) is running. It's programmable via laptop and can do things like delay any load for several seconds so you can start the bike easily. Either of these should work well for you.

Regarding light install, make sure you can turn these things high-low as needed. My DR-1s are BRIGHT! I can easily blind oncoming traffic with them at night with the high beam. And yours look to be possibly brighter than mine.

#5 ·
Went with the cyclops Pegasus. I think I'm going to add their long range lights later since @Cuchulainn gave me a switch and that plug and play harness has a switch too.

Since I don't have a DCT, I'm assuming I could put the second switch in the 'G' switch spot.

#6 ·
Went with the cyclops Pegasus. I think I'm going to add their long range lights later since @Cuchulainn gave me a switch and that plug and play harness has a switch too.

Since I don't have a DCT, I'm assuming I could put the second switch in the 'G' switch spot.
I don't see why not. It isn't as though you will suddenly need that space for the "G" button :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I was just going over that pc8 and I believe that's the one I'd want, just for that fact it'd mount as opposed to the plugs just laying there. Plus I'm sure I'd max out the 4 circuits pretty quickly.

#22 ·
Yea from KTM Twins I ordered some stuff and after a couple of weeks and nothing but a one auto reply email I just asked PayPal for my $$ back..

#24 ·
Optionally you could try africatwin.co.uk
They do a lot of plug n play looms and will even alter connectors to suit your needs, ie different fog lamp connections.
Absolutely fantastic to deal with and provide fantastic customer service when issues arise, a faulty diode in my case, they sent a brand new one up for no charge

#27 ·
If it is hung up in shipment in the US, it likely isn't state level, it is likely customs. But shippers within the US have been having some problems moving packages as well. Ask AT Dragon about a package sent from his hometown that spent a week on vacation in Detroit before moving on :)

But hasn't the UK been locked down worse than us?

#28 ·
Also, keep in mind that Adventure Bike Shop likely doesn't actually carry any of the Eastern Beaver Product physically in store. I would not be at all surprised if they ordered from Jim Davis at Easter Beaver and once received Adventure Bike Shop then ships it to you. Buying from Adventure Bike Shop may just be adding a middle man.

The same is likely true of other wiring/harness/low demand type products.

#37 · (Edited)
Anything is possible I suppose, but the harness I ordered from adventure wasn't on Eastern Beaver's website.

Got a tracking number already from Eastern Beaver, don't know if it's auto generated or actually getting ready to ship.

Edit: I hate autocorrect sometimes...

#47 ·
Don’t watch it... It will never come.
It’s Kinda like the old saying “a watched pot takes longer to boil”

#49 ·
My wiring harness arrived today. Appears to plug in to the factory 4 wire plug behind headlamp cowling and has extra 4 wire plug built in to harness. Has inline fog lamp fuse and relay and connector the plug directly to the OEM fog light switch.

I believe it's prewired for Denali lights, but also has fog light side connector and a few spare weather proof plugs and wires connector to either wire your lights to plug in to their harness, or wire your lights harness plugs to their harness.

Comes with a hot and ground spade terminals for an auxiliary hook up which I opted for an SAE connector adapter. So this harness will hook up fog lights and leave you with two extra power source.

I'm going to have quite the project once my Eastern Beaver and McCruise orders arrive next week. I was aiming to just tear down the bike one time and be don't with it.

#52 ·
Got my Eastern Beaver order today. They make an impressive wire harness. Nicest aftermarket harness job I've ever seen.

Should have my McCruise today also. Supposed to be a mostly rainy week so I may tackle all of this sooner than planned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.