Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Showa for the win. But something has me thinking a small amount of riders will be adjusting it from factory settings.
Definitely. Every bike I've ever owned(15+) I've had to adjust the suspension. At 6'2" I weigh around 95kg(209 pound) which is average ;) ...and by default most factory bikes come with suspension set to around a 80kg weight from what I've experienced in the past.

I generally always harden up the front as a first step since it tends to dive poorly under heavy braking.

Looking forward to taking this beast off-road, its been a while since my hare scramble days!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Definitely. Every bike I've ever owned(15+) I've had to adjust the suspension. At 6'2" I weigh around 95kg(209 pound) which is average ;) ...and by default most factory bikes come with suspension set to around a 80kg weight from what I've experienced in the past.

I generally always harden up the front as a first step since it tends to dive poorly under heavy braking.

Looking forward to taking this beast off-road, its been a while since my hare scramble days!
Can't wait to hear your feedback from taking it off road, keep us posted!

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's got the most suspension travel of any adventure bike, just needs a bit of adjustment.
There's an ABS off button but it only turns of the back wheel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's got the most suspension travel of any adventure bike, just needs a bit of adjustment.
There's an ABS off button but it only turns of the back wheel.
Yea, because you want ABS on the front, not on the back so you can slide it through tighter turns.

It's not so much the travel but the compression and dampening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts